Where do you breakfast?

ps99472

I'm talking about Sat/Sun lazy mornings, tired of smoothie/breakfast bar/cereal that you eat during the week.  You want a breakfast that will last you till dinner.  Where do you go?

Recently we stopped by Layer Cake on Barranca.  Besides the cakes/macaroons, they also have a breakfast menu.  Got a country omelet which was decent, love hash browns and can never get it right when I cook them at home.  But the surprise was the French toasts (my avatar).  It's unlike any other french toast dish I had.  It's consistency is more like cake than bread.  Very delicate and well made.  Service is a tad slow but its the weekend so who cares.  Their tables and bonded leather seating areas are also a bit torn up and needs to be refreshened.

Follow the heavy breakfast with some cupcakes and I'm good til dinner at Honda Ya. 

Knowlwoods
Acapulco Sunday Brunch Buffet
Las Brisas Saturday Buffet
Da Luau
Champagne's
Corner Bakery

Frufru:

Break of Dawn
Old Vine Cafe

Where my wife hates to go but the kids love:

Hometown Buffet
IHOP
Denny's

Probably more as I love breakfast on the weekends.

I love breakfast like that and since I'm crazy about the french toast and here's couple of my favorite breakfast choices.

1. Bruleed French Toast at Cheesecake Factory.  Instead of regular toast, they use extra thick slices of french bread.  It is really good.

2. Orange Creme French Toast Breakfast at Mimi's Cafe.  Here they use brioche instead and with orange marmalade cream cheese fillings inside the toast.  Those filling are very similar to the filling seem in cream puff and it's so good.

3. Cinnamon Roll French Toast Combo at Ruby's Diner.  Cinnamon roll instead of regular toast, this is so awesome, you'll  got enough sugar for rest of the day. 

ps9 said:
I'm talking about Sat/Sun lazy mornings, tired of smoothie/breakfast bar/cereal that you eat during the week.  You want a breakfast that will last you till dinner.  Where do you go?

Recently we stopped by Layer Cake on Barranca.  Besides the cakes/macaroons, they also have a breakfast menu.  Got a country omelet which was decent, love hash browns and can never get it right when I cook them at home.  But the surprise was the French toasts (my avatar).  It's unlike any other french toast dish I had.  It's consistency is more like cake than bread.  Very delicate and well made.  Service is a tad slow but its the weekend so who cares.  Their tables and bonded leather seating areas are also a bit torn up and needs to be refreshened.

Follow the heavy breakfast with some cupcakes and I'm good til dinner at Honda Ya.

They use almond flour.

lnc said:
3. Cinnamon Roll French Toast Combo at Ruby's Diner.  Cinnamon roll instead of regular toast, this is so awesome, you'll  got enough sugar for rest of the day. 
Corner Bakery has something similar to this I think.

rnirvine said:
Layer Cake (Best Bacon) and Pacific Whey Cafe at South Coast.  8)
Pacific Whey is good too.

Did not know that Layer Cake had breakfast... will have to put them on my list.

eyephone said:
Breakfast at home is the best.  :D
The clean up is not.

At home breakfast usually consists of some omelette or scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon and toast for the kids... I usually just have cereal (weird I know).

We usually go to Peet's and grab some bagels from Pavilions.  Sometimes, we get McDs or La Sirena.

If we are looking for a breakfast place, we usually end up at either the Original Pancake House or Plum Cafe.

I have never been but Zov's seems like a popular breakfast place.

We go to Cinnamon Productions in FHR. They have a lot of selections for breakfast, healthier than Denny's or IHOP, and bigger portions than Corner Bakery.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
Breakfast at home is the best.  :D
The clean up is not.

At home breakfast usually consists of some omelette or scrambled eggs with cheese and bacon and toast for the kids... I usually just have cereal (weird I know).

The clean up is not too bad.

Home breakfast is healthier, cheaper, and in a way saves time. (Getting dressed, driving to restaurant, waiting for a seat, waiting for food)

Plums Cafe (my personal favorite.)
The Original Pancake House (my kids' favorite. Seriously thinking about opening one in Irvine.)
Break of Dawn
Blackmarket Bakery @ The Camp
Four Sea (If we are craving for some Taiwanese breakfast.)
Nick's @ Laguna Beach
Cream Pan Bakery
Driftwood Kitchen @ Laguna Beach (New found love! Ocean view's great food is good but pricey.)
Sidecar @ Costa Mesa (for donuts)

Joe Irvine said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Broken Yolk is trying to open an OC location... maybe they should take over El Cholo's spot.

CPK is slated for that spot.  Yeah, I know...don't get me started...
Whah?

So that's where the one that closed on Michelson is moving to?

Eh... that's okay... although with Pizza:90 opening up in the old Z Pizza space, that's going to be a bit strange.

Blaze Pizza has already killed most of our CPK visits.

Back