"Irvine Community News and Views" Publication

Arman

ScreenShot2014-10-18at85618AM_zps26935edf.png

So, Irvine Community News and Views, which recently started appearing as a print newspaper in my mailbox, is a Larry Agran-backed publication/political ad. There is nothing, NOTHING, objective in this publication.

A few days ago, I replied in a comment on their Facebook page this fact. I didn't say anything negative about Larry Agran, but simply stated the fact that anything in this paper should be taken with a grain of salt and with the knowledge that this paper is produced by the Larry Agran campaign.

Well, my comment was deleted and that got me blocked from posting any further comments on their FB page.

You know, Larry, I was open to supporting you. I haven't made up my mind either way, and just wanted objective news and information, and wanted others to be aware of the biases of where their "news" is coming from. This petty behavior of blocking my comments is a HUGE strike against you. You don't deserve my vote if you're not willing to withstand scrutiny.

They come out with this every major election season. The first issue always starts with a note from the publisher explaining why he wants to "start a newspaper" and claiming to be unbiased (ha). And the whole rest of the "newspaper" is pro-Agran articles. And then after election day, you never see another issue...until next time. Sooooo pathetic.

The publisher guy also supposedly lives up in Monterey. He's an attorney and longtime Agran friend, or so I've read.

I can't believe anyone would actually fall for this. Like NYT, I won't vote for him for this reason. Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of the other side, either. I might just not vote at all.

Back