FCB's take over Arcadia

furioussugar said:

Nice article, its quite entertaining. 

This pretty much summarize most of heavily Chinese populated cities in Southern California:
In the early 1980s an influx of immigrants from Taiwan arrived, drawn in large part to the great public schools. A second wave came from Hong Kong after the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests. The city?s Asian population grew from 4 percent in 1980 to 59 percent in 2010.

This is just too funny:
A family moved into a new home in 2008 and flanked the front walkway with two waist-high lion statues, the ?fu dogs? that guard imperial Chinese palaces. A few years later, a developer named Ricky Tang began building his own home across the street. Tang didn?t care for the lions, but their owners refused to remove them. In January 2011, according to city records, Tang mounted two replica cannons on top of a construction trailer in the front of his lot, aiming back at the lions. A red sign reading ?Cannon against dogs? in Chinese hung from each cannon.

Attachments

• feat_arcadia43__07__315.jpg
    feat_arcadia43__07__315.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 144
Interesting how that guy's business started out with him defending an FCB against a racist remark.

I'm going to become the FCB's Champion.

irvinehomeowner said:
Interesting how that guy's business started out with him defending an FCB against a racist remark.

Should be easy...get Paris to start the fight. jk

I think the lesson here is to defend FCBs riding Ferraris.  :p

irvinehomeowner said:

Perfect example of a post in the wrong forum. The original post has nothing to do with Irvine, yet it's posted in Irvine Real Estate. So many wrongly placed posts in these forums.

Some very, very nice streets out there.  Go to the right neighborhood and you can have peacocks hanging out at your house.

Coleman said:
Some very, very nice streets out there.  Go to the right neighborhood and you can have peacocks hanging out at your house.

In Columbus Square, they also have peek cock over there. :p

Sorry, can't resist. 

The BBC has an article today about corrupt politicians in China killing themselves instead of moving to Irvine/Arcadia.http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-29685549

Looks like they should have prepped better.
They should have gotten out of dodge a year ago.

The harder Xi presses, the higher the prices go!

Xi should get a kick back from realtors.  He can give it to his own relatives here.

Back