EMC Seafood and Raw Bar (LA Ktown, Irvine too!)

ps99472

http://www.yelp.com/biz/emc-seafood-and-raw-bar-los-angeles

EB3AB52B-EC05-4045-80D8-A0B79A2518D8_zpspiwrzdpd.jpg
Happy Hour $1 oysters

29C5E4D3-B091-467E-8E81-04C8CE15D43B_zpsanstdmig.jpg
$20 Uni Pasta

B5C40805-B7A7-4BCD-B257-15ACCD031BAD_zpsizya3rhn.jpg
Garlic Noodles with shrimp

0C9205E0-61F1-4731-B075-A876D4A8B82A_zpsgk7pagrr.jpg
Salt and Pepper shrimp

C13715D2-A326-4910-A16F-37FC75C23356_zpsrybqikxw.jpg
Lobster Roll

ABEAB6B7-35A6-48B8-BBF5-810437CB8563_zps8mv8pkm8.jpg
Seafood stew

D9536579-86A9-4451-ABF3-ADDB91E2F33D_zpsnvz0vken.jpg
Oyster doused with the $3 truffle sauce

6FE825B6-0176-4692-A9A5-EA740E17E5C0_zps3z5mnuzx.jpg
Albacore and Octopus Carpaccio

If only they're closer, took a LA Daytrip, spent half day at Griffith Observatory, followed by a great dinner at this seafood joint in Ktown.  It was pricey, total for 3 was a tad over $150 but a good experience.  Wish Irvine has something like this in the future.  The Seafood stew and lobster roll were my favorite.  Never had a authentic lobster roll, but this one is pretty good.  The bread (brioche) was perfect.  Paired great with the seafood chowder.  The other dishes were decent as well, the uni pasta was still too rich for me but wife loved it.  The garlice noodles were thumbs up from the kid, a rarity.  Not a usual fan of raw oysters, but at a $1 a pop it was hard to resist.  They have Sapporo, Stella, and Stone IPA on tap, I think $5/pint from 4-7pm everyday.  If you love seafood and beer, you'll love this place.

That's a great location for them, lots of drive by traffic on Culver, parking's not too bad.  Can't wait to eat more tentacle things, happy hour beer, and the savory lobster roll. 

Looked at the menu on Yelp - are prices comparable to ktown?

Hopefully this doesn't get bad reviews like another ktown transplant - the honey pig

I made the mistake of trying out this place yesterday. I should have taken ps9 advice and wait. Food was okay but they are short staffed and disorganized. There were plenty of tables for lunch but I still had to wait 45 min with hungry kids. Decor was bright, open, using lots of natural wood mixed in with lots of TVs. The music was too loud for my taste but still a nice place to sit. We tried the lobster roll--excellent, uni pasta--heavy cream overpowered the uni flavor, soft shell crab--over cooked and burnt, calamari--crispy and spicy, garlic fries--tasty, Kumamoto oysters--excellent. I would come back but wait a couple months and let them refine their cooking and staff.

uni pasta is not a light dish.  It's made with heavy cream, so 1 noodle will fill u up.  I thought I would like it, but it was also overpowering at the now defunct uni club.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1EJFA_enUS669US669&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=uni%20club%20los%20angeles

35DDA3C7-16BE-4AFB-AD60-14802255917F_zpsgz8a03sm.jpg

Their $20 signature lobster roll.  Heaven with each bite and that's around $5/bite.  Ouch.

Ate here last week for weekday happy hour.  Most expensive happy hour yet, ate over $100 of food and still kinda hungry.  Funny, do the 1 hour Ktown drive I won't complain about the price, but drive 5 minutes to the Irvine location and I think it's too expensive.  Haha

If you love lobster rolls and are ever in NYC, try eating at the Pearl Oyster Bar in Greenwich Village. One of the best I've had.

iacrenter said:
If you love lobster rolls and are ever in NYC, try eating at the Pearl Oyster Bar in Greenwich Village. One of the best I've had.

Overrated.  So is the one from Pearl's lesbian lover at Mary's Fish Camp.  But then again, I've never understood the appeal of lobster and mayonnaise on a hot dog bun.

ps9 said:
35DDA3C7-16BE-4AFB-AD60-14802255917F_zpsgz8a03sm.jpg

Their $20 signature lobster roll.  Heaven with each bite and that's around $5/bite.  Ouch.

Ate here last week for weekday happy hour.  Most expensive happy hour yet, ate over $100 of food and still kinda hungry.  Funny, do the 1 hour Ktown drive I won't complain about the price, but drive 5 minutes to the Irvine location and I think it's too expensive.  Haha

Went to lunch and had the lobster roll, didn't think it was that good.  I was expecting some mayonnaise, but I didn't taste any on the lobster.  So it looks like it was just butter, so it tasted a bit dry overall.  Also tried the fried smelt appetizer, and that was done fairly well, except that it was way too salty.  The lobster ravioli was pretty good, and the seafood fried rice was decent.  Yes, overpriced for what you get.  Hope they improve quickly, or else I will not be back anytime soon.

I hear trying to sound smart and worldly on TI is very not overrated!
It also makes your hair grow and makes you smel gud.

I prefer the Connecticut style (butter) vs Maine style (mayo). $20 lobster roll isn't bad although it looks like only claw meat, no tail? If only claw meat that's kind of a bummer.

Back