Ello

sphhhhh

Ads are inevitable.  They eventually have to make money. 

No NSA involvement.  :)

I'm on it right now. There's definitely a lot less visual clutter, which is nice.

Ello... government snoop proof? Wouild be nice if it were possible.

I'm reminded of an old X-Files episode where "The Lone Gunmen" crew are chatting about how safe they are in their secret lair. They've gotten the latest and greatest scramblers and all this other tech to disguise what they're saying. The camera pulls back to a nearby roof toop. "The Smoking Man" unwraps a box, plugs it in, twists a dial or two, and suddenly can hear everything that The Lone Gunmen think they are able to get away with. He trains a sniper rifle on the front door next.....

The only NSA / Hack Proof system today consists of a manual typwriter linked to an Enigma machine whose output is printed in Viking Runes.

The draw to Ello that seems self evident is Ello pledges not to sell your data, as FB and G+ do.

Okay, guys. A simple "No, thank you" would suffice.

I was just trying to do something nice. The invitations have been selling on Ebay so I thought I would offer them for free to those TI members who are interested. But whatevs.

SoCal said:

I was just trying to do something nice. The invitations have been selling on Ebay so I thought I would offer them for free to those TI members who are interested. But whatevs.

Don't take it personally, SoCal.. just discussion.

irvinehomeowner said:
Selling invites on eBay?

I thought you can just request an invitation from Ello directly.

I should sell invites to TI. :)

hilarious that people would actually pay for it.

irvinehomeowner said:
Selling invites on eBay?

I thought you can just request an invitation from Ello directly.

I should sell invites to TI. :)

Ello is in Beta mode. It is by invitation only. You need an invitation code to register. Only small batches of users are invited at a time to make sure the servers can handle the load. A person can request an invitation directly through the site then wait patiently. The waiting period is unknown. They will invite you as soon as they can. Or, you can request a friend from Ello send you an invite.

No real names are required unlike FacePlace. If you want me to send an invite to your [anonymous] gmail, let me know.

SoCal said:

It was very nice of you to offer.
I didnt know what Ello was.
So I googled it and found the Fallon piece, which I found amusing.  (I'm a simple man, Jenny.)

Anyway, no offense intended. 

At first, I thought this is related to Ebola. (Since it starts with an E and has the letter L in the word.

Back