Orchard Hills - Terrazza Plan 2X

Was it 1.086 million for the corner lot Tuscan elevation with the orchards behind, 1 neighbor only? The lot across from the model. We had a chance to buy the 2x with driveway on the 2nd phase but chose to buy Strada. At phase 2 it was $1,008,000. We figured larger home, lot, driveway, SFR, etc. it would be a better investment. But if your telling me the 2x's with driveway have already appreciated $50,000 F##k me. Sounds like every investment in my life.

8porkchop said:
Was it 1.086 million for the corner lot Tuscan elevation with the orchards behind, 1 neighbor only? The lot across from the model. We had a chance to buy the 2x with driveway on the 2nd phase but chose to buy Strada. At phase 2 it was $1,008,000. We figured larger home, lot, driveway, SFR, etc. it would be a better investment. But if your telling me the 2x's with driveway have already appreciated $50,000 F##k me. Sounds like every investment in my life.

Haha - it's all good. We all been there.

Yes, it's the home across from the model with no homes behind it and the park view from the second floor...It is a prime location. And yes, the Tuscan elevation. But, I do think that home is comparable to the 2X homes released in the 1st two phases with one neighbor and awesome views from the 2nd floor...

Are you kidding me! Does the other 2x have a driveway? I'm assuming it does for it to go $1.056 million. I feel like S##T now. I could have had $50,000 in equity already as compared to the Strada where I have around $20,000. Where in this world does a detached condo with less square footage and smaller lot go for more than a SFR. Am I missing something here? Even Strada last phase that had a one sided cul-de-sac got priced in the $1.085 and that is compared to the larger model 2. At least this phase will have a view of the city. Also, Strada is a much nicer community than Terrazza. There are going to cluttered streets because nobody will use the garage to park their car. Never in my right mind would I have ever guessed this pricing. Not only did I not make as much money but now I have to listen to my wife say, "I told you so!"

I don't think there is a driveway...The 2X's with driveways were in the earlier phases...the 2 were priced based on location.

For $1.085 I'd rather buy the larger SFR at Strada, model 2, facing the city for $1.072. For $1.056 and still not get a driveway, WOW! Obviously demand is there and that's why I'll go to bed tonight scratching my head and balls wondering where I went wrong. On top of that I won't get lucky with the wife because I'm tired of hearing I told you so! Do they have any lots from earlier phases that haven't been purchased yet? Strada has like 4 units.

8porkchop said:
Are you kidding me! Does the other 2x have a driveway? I'm assuming it does for it to go $1.056 million. I feel like S##T now. I could have had $50,000 in equity already as compared to the Strada where I have around $20,000. Where in this world does a detached condo with less square footage and smaller lot go for more than a SFR. Am I missing something here? Even Strada last phase that had a one sided cul-de-sac got priced in the $1.085 and that is compared to the larger model 2. At least this phase will have a view of the city. Also, Strada is a much nicer community than Terrazza. There are going to cluttered streets because nobody will use the garage to park their car. Never in my right mind would I have ever guessed this pricing. Not only did I not make as much money but now I have to listen to my wife say, "I told you so!"

Don't stress yourself out because ultimately it doesn't matter.

It's like stock, you can't stress yourself on the daily fluctuations, that's just variable noise. It only counts the day you decide to sell your property and move on.

What's important is that you liked Strada more so be happy with that decision, it's the better home for you. Spin it this way to the Mrs and I'm sure luck will be on your side in the bedroom  ;)

Almost $1.1M for Terrazza?!  Surprised they're actually moving Terrazza.  We were offered a house in phase 1 a few weeks into the grand opening, that was pretty telling to me.  To me, Strada is a superior product.  Can't imagine paying $1M for a house with no driveway.  You can tell your wife, "told you so", when you sell your Strada house for a premium.  When are the early Strada phases scheduled to move in?

1st phase of Strada is scheduled to move in January. A S, we were also offered a home in the first phase, which we passed. Then offered the 1st pick of the 2x's with driveway, which we passed only because we were offered a Strada home. But I agree I think Strada is a superior product. Some of the actual in home upgrades are better as well. Example, larger base boards and sink in the laundry. As far as me whining I've been doing it ever since I said I do.

Don't sweat it...equity means nothing until you are ready to sell anyway.  Or unless you are trying to borrow against it, which wouldn't be the case here.  Having the most expensive property in an inferior development will always have a price ceiling.  Strada is a superior product, your equity is safe, "I told you so" will fade in time, you can sleep tight.

I believe the $1.086 comes with the most popular elevation and a better location. Park view and the front door leads to an open grass/park area . I'd guess the driveway is worth $10k? I'm not sure if the $1.056K home has the popular elevation, but it does have a desirable location. Just not a top notch location like the $1.086K home...

The driveway comes at a $30,000 premium. The location maybe nice but the lot is still the same size as most homes and I'd still prefer a view of the city.

They took down the fencing along Narrow Path a few weeks ago, exposing the Terrazza homes. Didn't realize they were going to be so close to the street. Some of those 2Xs have a nice open front entrance, but are they facing parking spots that are along Narrow Path?

Back