New iPad(s) announcment on Oct 16?

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
That watch is going to weigh heavy on Apple.

The watch is a joke.  :eek:

We'll have to wait and see. 
People had similar comments when Apple introduced the IPad.

Once the watch is out and people start using it, it might catch on. 

I think Apple should have continued to enhance the iPod Nano as a watch/wearable.

All they had to do was add interfacing to smartphones and I think it would have been a better product.

Going to the form factor they did for the 7th gen just didn't make sense because they need to preserve the iPod market.

I hope to snag a 64gb iPad Air 2. My iPad 3 16gb doesn't have enough storage and is sluggish. I'm hoping they are $100 off again on Black Friday so I'll wait until then.

Unfortunately my son shattered the screen of the iPad 3 because last year they had $200 trade-in credits for old iPads so they'll probably have them again - but not for shattered screens.

Another bummer is that the new Mac mini no longer has a quad-core option and RAM comes soldered so you can't upgrade later.

Cool stuff:
- iPad Air 2 looks like a beast
- Retina iMac is great and will hopefully become the norm in a couple years

The WSJ review of the new iMac and IPad Air reads like an Apple commercial.  LoL.

Here's my $0.02 on the iMac.  If you really need the high quality retina iMac, by all means, go for it and pay the extra for Apple extended warranty.

If you want to save money, check Craiglist for used iMac.  The 27" iMac sold for $1800 new can be had for $800 used today.  Reference current OSX release supported hardware list.  I believe OSX 10.10 supports Mid-2007 or later iMac's.

If you buy from a store that sells used iMac's, you might pay a little more than private party, but some offer 3-6 month warranty so it's not a bad deal.

The going rate for used 20"-24" iMac's (mid 2007 or later models) is as low as $350-$500.  Today I saw a 20" Mid-2007 iMac with OSX 10.10, MS Office, 2.4 Ghz, 500 GB HDD, 3 GB RAM, inc. keyboard and mouse for $240 on OC Craiglist.  It's 7 years old, but if in good working condition, it's still a good deal if you're on a tight budget.

Back