Any New High Schools Planned for the Tustin or Irvine Areas?

I've read about a possible New High School in the Tustin Area that could help alleviate the overcrowding issues at Beckman High?

One is planned for Tustin Legacy near Edinger/Tustin Ranch but that is probably 10 years out.  None of the schools that were planned for the area (Columbus Grove) materialized due to the economic downturn.

gasman said:
One is planned for Tustin Legacy near Edinger/Tustin Ranch but that is probably 10 years out.  None of the schools that were planned for the area (Columbus Grove) materialized due to the economic downturn.

Actually, Columbus Grove (which is located in Irvine and Tustin) is zoned for Irvine USD. You are thinking of Columbus Square. They did build an elementary school (Heritage) last year but there were not enough kids (75 when 600 was required) so it's currently used temporarily for the Tustin alternative HS. Once the Standard Pacific homes are built starting next year there may be enough kids.

Vinster said:
gasman said:

Actually, Columbus Grove (which is located in Irvine and Tustin) is zoned for Irvine USD. You are thinking of Columbus Square. They did build an elementary school (Heritage) last year but there were not enough kids (75 when 600 was required) so it's currently used temporarily for the Tustin alternative HS. Once the Standard Pacific homes are built starting next year there may be enough kids.

stanpac is building 375 homes. so i dont think they will hit the 600 headcount necessary to open the school.

qwerty said:
Vinster said:
gasman said:

stanpac is building 375 homes. so i dont think they will hit the 600 headcount necessary to open the school.

Well, there are also Anton Legacy apartments (225 units) opening by the end of the year next to the Standard Pacific homes. And the 500? units already being leased by TIC on Tustin Ranch Rd (http://www.irvinecompanyapartments.com/communities/amalfi).

The Avalon apartments near DJ only bring in 2 (two) students to TUSD according to the superintendent last time I spoke with him.

test said:
The Avalon apartments near DJ only bring in 2 (two) students to TUSD according to the superintendent last time I spoke with him.

The tic apartments will probably have less kids than the low income apartments.

Legit949 said:
How do we go about getting the OH Groves in the IUSD? Any chance with the new high school re-alignment?

Attachments

• not gonna happen.jpg
    not gonna happen.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 57
Back