This forum is shockingly racist

irvinemadness

We are potential neighbors and most of us are socially and economically doing well enough to afford a home in a place as expensive as irvine.  But why are so many of you so openly racist?  I understand the frustration against FCBs inflating the real estate market, but how can so many of you be so racist against all chinese or all asians?  I am shocked, offended and disappointed. :-[

Umm, how long have you been lurking?  This forum is very ethnocentric FOR Asians.  I think most of the regulars that post here are Asian.

First things first, Welcome!

One of the reasons I registered here was because of its laidback atmosphere.  As an Iranian/Persian (Call me whatever you like) American I feel at home here and don't see anything wrong with the light racial stereotypes.  If anything they're funny as hell.

I personally am very fond of Asian people and their culture, but can't stand some things they do; like b*tch about everything, demand things from others (discounts, markdowns on shoes, etc... lol), drive like they're blind, or alone in the entire universe.  I have many Indian friends, but just don't like their sense of entitlement and cheapness.  I don't like Iranians' sense of always wanting to finish on top, at all costs.  They cheat on their taxes, they cheat the Govt., they sell an item as Brand new and it's been used for years.  They buy a used car for $3500 and turn around and sell it to an illegal alien for $5000, they hire undocumented workers cheap so they don't ask for benefits, they hire 20 people and require them to do the work of 50...  I can go on and on and on....  What's wrong with telling it like it is?

Talk Irvine is a friendly, fun and very culturally diverse, forum.

Why don't you start by telling us what things you don't like in other cultures, and its peeps.  :D

LOL... FCBs.. LOL

wait.. I'm foreign.. I have cash.. and I'm a buyer. 

oh-my-goodness_o_1488169.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
P.S. The F in FCBs stands for "Foreign", not "Fchinese" or "Fasian".

True that - I know a lot of Foreign Cash Buyers from the UAE where they wipe their asses with benjamins  ;)

I'm Asian American, and have never been offended by anything said on this forum.

You'll feel a lot better once you un-bunch those panties of yours...  :p

irvinemadness said:
But why are so many of you so openly racist?  I understand the frustration against FCBs inflating the real estate market, but how can so many of you be so racist against all chinese or all asians?  I am shocked, offended and disappointed. :-[

Almost everyone here is asian. 

irvinemadness said:
We are potential neighbors and most of us are socially and economically doing well enough to afford a home in a place as expensive as irvine. 

Good for you.  You must be ACRLSWWG (Another Clueless Rich Liberal Snob With White Guilt)

Reminds me of this:

I'm on the entrance ramp to the 5 and the driver in front of me is going 40 so I say "must be a women" and the women in the car with me gets all offended.

A few minutes later she says a stereotype about Asians.

People without prejudice and stereotypes are stupid. You have to be able to make guesses about people before you get to know them well. Prejudice and stereotypes are bad when you can't look past them when dealing with individuals that are exceptions.

I am racist just like everyone else...however I get to hide behind a screen name, so I can be more honest.
If you are not racist, then you are not human...perhaps you're a supreme being from the horse head nebula gracing our internet forum.  If so, then I welcome our new alien poster.

FYI: If you really want to be shocked, type in "dog bbq" into TI search.

strangely I just typed "dog bbq" into TI search and can't find IHS's pics anymore...someone removed them..sadly.

I am okay with racist and light racist on this forum.  I am happy with everyone on this forum.  However, just make sure you dont do a Donald Sterling type racist.  Otherwise, the commissioner of Irvine (qwerty with big bat and 14inch shoe) will force you to sell your house in Irvine.

I thought the "dog bbq" thread was the most racist thing we had on TI discussions.  It was magnificent.

I can see how an outsider or infrequent visitor can see this thread as potentially racists...especially against Chinese FCBs.

The forum does take a little getting used to but I think there are people who "stick up" for FCBs.  I think the criticisms focus on specific actions taken by certain Chinese FCBs.  I would say that there are times when the comments move into stereotyping.

Do Caucasians and/or other ethnicities not like like Irvine?  Where is the diversity everyone talks about????

@OP
Have you never met an asian before?
Most of the "racist" stuff comes from asians. 
In case you hadn't noticed, we're among the most racist people on earth.
We'll fight about superiority among other asians, but agree that all asians are superior to all other races.

It's so sad our society has become so sensitive and PC that we can't even discuss relative truths and mild humor.

So, maybe unclench the buttcheeks, have a boba and read on.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum.

JustSayin said:
@OP
Have you never met an asian before?
Most of the "racist" stuff comes from asians. 
In case you hadn't noticed, we're among the most racist people on earth.
We'll fight about superiority among other asians, but agree that all asians are superior to all other races.

It's so sad our society has become so sensitive and PC that we can't even discuss relative truths and mild humor.

So, maybe unclench the buttcheeks, have a boba and read on.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for the above, as Iranians/Persians think and do the same...  :eek:

LOL, this reminds me to go get my favorite drink at Chef Hung Taiwanese Beef Noodle.  Jasmine Iced greed tea, lightly sweetened.  It's my drug, have it 3 times a day.  Those Asian sure know how to please a Persian... ;) 

Back