Please be cautious and aware COYOTES have been spotted on the Open Jeffrey Trail

I never realized the danger of these coyotes and racoons until my favorite cat was killed right in front of our house  :( :'(

Coyotes are everywhere on the northern borders of Irvine. 

I've seen coyotes in almost every part of Irvine... Quail Hill, TRock, Westpark, Northwood, University, Woodbridge... etc etc.

There's even one on TI... his name is qweryote.

A few months back I saw a coyote in the middle of Woodbury on Sand Canyon a bit north of Trabuco.

I wasn't surprised at all when I saw a coyote limping around near Irvine Blvd in Stonegate recently. 

I've seen them on Lake Forest near the 5! That location seems to be much further from open space than Stonegate.

c4 said:
My cousin saw one a few days ago in SG, apparently eating a cat at the time...

It's probably due to the Santiago Canyon fire back a couple of weeks ago.  I'm sure it has disrupted their source of food.

Tarmacpro said:
c4 said:
My cousin saw one a few days ago in SG, apparently eating a cat at the time...

It's probably due to the Santiago Canyon fire back a couple of weeks ago.  I'm sure it has disrupted their source of food.

I must say that despite my personal incident I have the utmost respect for nature. What are these animals supposed to do if humans invade their land, build homes and cities and take away their food sources.

If I were a coyote I'd do the same thing, teach the humans a lesson and take their pets as food. It's the only choice they have to survive

apparently the reservoir at corner of trabuco and jeffery has 100s of them living in the tunnels.  we have seen them occasionally but its not even close to how many we see and hear at my inlaws house in orange which is right across the street from peters canyon

rkp said:
apparently the reservoir at corner of trabuco and jeffery has 100s of them living in the tunnels.
Coyopocalypse!

My moms calls them chayotes... and blames her iPhone for the auto-correct... but I tell her there is no 'a' in 'coyote'.

You mean they bring people to Home Depot to build your homes.  Coyotes charge $5000 to X the border.

All kidding aside, tonight my wife and I were walking our dog near the new greens pace north of Encore at about 645p. As we rounded the circle heading back to the tunnel, our dog became agitated. A coyote had approached in the darkness. The blend in so well. He was coiled about 10 feet away. I chased him away or so we thought. On the other side of the tunnel heading back to Woodbury, he appeared again behind us. I chased him once again. Instead of retreating, he flanked us on the right and tried to out run me back to my wife and dog. A large rock and our fast retreat finally prevailed and our dog escaped being the main entree for his dinner. BE CAREFUL!

Back