Alibaba IPO

Paris167

Anyone buy this today? I think we might wait it out until next week after our experience when we bought Facebook right away. I went to chipotle for lunch today - still kicking myself for not buying that back in the day.

Atleast our yahoo stock went up thanks to the alibaba IPO  ;D

Paris167 said:
Anyone buy this today? I think we might wait it out until next week after our experience when we bought Facebook right away. I went to chipotle for lunch today - still kicking myself for not buying that back in the day.

Your incorrect. Yahoo opened at 42.44 and Yahoo closed at 40.93.

irvinehomeowner said:
So is BABA better than APPL?

They are in the same range.

It's not even close. Apple all the way.

When you purchase Alibaba, you are purchasing shares in a Cayman Island entity. The company doesn't own Alibaba. Ma and Xie (co-founders) own most of Alibaba. Ma and Xie are under contract to turn over profits to the Cayman entity.

Some of funny Alibaba comments heard from hoocoodanode.org

Alibaba IPO: Open sesame

By the way, Alibaba changed the password, open sesame doesn't work anymore, someone hacked.  It's "Open Ma" now.

So, who got lucky and got BABA @ 68?
Only Real People? not any actual humans.

YHOO's BABA stake is worth as much as YHOO itself

How can you buy @ 68 when it opens @ 92?
How can you not? That's like free money dude!

eyephone said:
Paris167 said:

Your incorrect. Yahoo opened at 42.44 and Yahoo closed at 40.93.

I didn't see the closing but in the long run hoping yahoo will make a nice stride up.

I agree Apple is much more solid than Alibaba - for one it's an American company with a great track record. Alibaba not so sure - can we really trust the Chinese govn't?

I totally don't get that either.  Who thinks YHOO without their stake in BABA has a negative value?  If you could short it, the logical sure bet would be to short BABA and use the proceeds to buy YHOO.

daedalus said:
I totally don't get that either.  Who thinks YHOO without their stake in BABA has a negative value?  If you could short it, the logical sure bet would be to short BABA and use the proceeds to buy YHOO.

I think it is time to load up Yahoo stock.

"Yahoo's core business: About -$500 million with Alibaba trading at $90.

If someone were to step in and buy Yahoo today, that buyer would be able to sell the company's stakes in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan, pay for the acquisition entirely, and start profiting from Yahoo's core business immediately.

The company is obviously now an attractive acquisition target."

http://www.businessinsider.com/yahoo-stock-crashes-as-alibaba-ipos-2014-9#ixzz3DrpwXnNr

Also this: How To Tell If You Should Buy Alibaba Stockhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/alibaba-ipo-flowchart_n_5850568.html

lnc said:
daedalus said:

I think it is time to load up Yahoo stock.

"Yahoo's core business: About -$500 million with Alibaba trading at $90.

If someone were to step in and buy Yahoo today, that buyer would be able to sell the company's stakes in Alibaba and Yahoo Japan, pay for the acquisition entirely, and start profiting from Yahoo's core business immediately.

The company is obviously now an attractive acquisition target."

http://www.businessinsider.com/yahoo-stock-crashes-as-alibaba-ipos-2014-9#ixzz3DrpwXnNr

Also this: How To Tell If You Should Buy Alibaba Stockhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/alibaba-ipo-flowchart_n_5850568.html

I wouldn't buy Yahoo at this point.

Waiting for the 40 thieves to show up.  Or maybe they're already there and we can't see them.  ;D

jayl23 said:
Waiting for the 40 thieves to show up.  Or maybe they're already there and we can't see them.  ;D

Yep, they're already there and they were the one who got BABA @$68.  :)

Back