From "sumo" to slimmed down

socal78

He looks like a totally different person. O_O

10672186_792759147436821_4821887717792843187_n.jpg

"In 2010, Yusuke Kirimoto was 37 years old, weighed 270 pounds and wore XXXL clothes. He says it was the lowest point of his life. See how he turned things around and lost more than 100 pounds:" Video:http://on.hln.tv/TBY7m

I read this article somewhere before.

Since I'm still trying to lose weight, guys like this are an inspiration to some of us.  Fortunately, I don't have to lose as much as this guy.  :p 

One thing these people that were very obese face is loose skin after they lose all that weight.  I guess it's better than being grossly obese but there's always that extra problem.  That is why you don't want to get too overweight.  I think I'll be o.k. in that regards. 

I'm down about 15 lbs and hoping for another 10 but dreaming about 20 more pounds.  My pants fit much better now.  I can "almost" maybe see a one pack now?  Maybe it's just wishful thinking at my age.  :p

I'm starting to cheat on my diet again (no silly starvation diets; just cut out sweets and fatty foods) so I need to control that.  I've been stuck around the same weight for a while.  I'm swimming about four times a week now so that helps.  Anyone had success losing weight swimming?

I know lifting weights and gaining more muscle would help but my left shoulder has had major pain for so long so I can't even do pushups.  I cannot run since running tears up my leg.  I tried jump roping but it killed my knees and it took about six months for them to recover.

Anyone else still exercising?  Someone needs to resurrect the exercise thread.

Back