Name Irvine's 5th High School

"Great Park High" sounds like something young kids laugh about behind the backs of adults who aren't in the "know"

I'd pass on that one...

Coleman said:
"Great Park High" sounds like something young kids laugh about behind the backs of adults who aren't in the "know"

I'd pass on that one...

It does sound a little like "South Park High".

Nuke 'Em High

class-of-nuke-em-high.png

lnc said:
Coleman said:

I'd pass on that one...

It does sound a little like "South Park High".

I'm down with South Park High ... as long as Kenny can be the mascot.

The name is Portola High School.

Portola High School has been designed to meet criteria developed by the Collaborative for High Performance Schools, which helps establish campuses that are healthy, comfortable, energy efficient and aligned with modern teaching and and learning. The campus will accommodate approximately 2,400 Irvine students with professional educators of the highest caliber, state-of-the-art academic facilities, the latest educational technologies and a variety of amenities, including:

A performing arts building with a 720-seat theater, black box and dance studio
A 2,044 seat gymnasium that includes training facilities and dedicated team rooms
An elective building that will house video production, 2D and 3D art, music rooms and more
Eight tennis courts
Varsity and JV baseball and softball fields
Track and field facilities
A student union featuring collaborative learning environment, a library with dedicated quiet rooms and an Innovation Lab
21st-Century classrooms with common areas for collaborative learning
Dedicated science labs
A special education facility to facilitate essential life skills
A green roof that will enable hands-on, sustainable learning
Two full soccer fields

Back