Mizu Sushi bar and grill opening Tustin Marketplace

Dom

A quick search of the TI boards doesn't turn up any results for Mizu. Hard to believe this was overlooked.

Opening in 2 weeks @ the Tustin Marketplace -http://mizusbg.com/sushi-restaurant-tustin-ca/

We're fans of Ra (The District, Tustin), but have to drive there. We'll walk to this place. Just keeps getting better and better.  :)

There it is. Search function didn't turn anything up, but I knew you guys must have covered that at some point.  :)

Looking forward to trying them.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/mizu-sushi-bar-and-grill-tustin

D09BE2B8-5B3D-432C-AE87-884A8A245600_zps3zgblagx.jpg

Kids meal

6BE04866-6AE0-408A-A136-E7B7C26A9642_zps8ebpvqri.jpg

Yellowtail

778D90CC-4562-4D86-85B6-378A6F3B03B6_zpsxwgzlf5u.jpg

Fried scallops on top of some CA roll with salmon

EEA6B5EC-160F-46EF-AA03-F1B97E58346C_zpsyfivxtge.jpg

Medium rare wagyu

5AE0D082-C26A-443C-B7A6-98E49419A64E_zpstqmavs35.jpg

Got comped this due to kitchen making extra order

Sushi rice was cold, enough said.

I'm waiting for them to get their liquor license before trying them out... ETA is a couple more weeks.

I take it you didn't like it, PS?

the roll sushi with the scallop on top, looks like it was premade, and just cut to order to save time.  Rice was cold, sushi rice should not be cold, at least room temperature or slightly warm.  I know this is not an authentic Japanese place, but if you're charging these prices, I want made to order sushi.  If it wasn't pre made then thats even worse the sushi chef is using cold hard rice for his made to orders.

ps9 said:
the roll sushi with the scallop on top, looks like it was premade, and just cut to order to save time.  Rice was cold, sushi rice should not be cold, at least room temperature or slightly warm.  I know this is not an authentic Japanese place, but if you're charging these prices, I want made to order sushi.  If it wasn't pre made then thats even worse the sushi chef is using cold hard rice for his made to orders.

Rice is the canary in the coal mine for sushi. 

I remember going to Sumo way back when and their rice was a disaster (like the rest of the restaurant)...they closed down like 6 months later.

ps9 said:
Glad we didn't get the $50 chefs choice sashimi dinner, I thought that price was steep.

Wow...$50?  Seriously.  Reminds me of J. Zhou Oriental Cuisine in the District...extremely overpriced and mediocre. 

It is also 5 minutes away from Capital Seafood, which is also overpriced but pretty decent.

Back