NBA 2014-2015

ps99472

Almost that time again.  FIBA will suffice for a month, then it's on to the big boys.  With Lebron "I'm coming home" back in Cleveland again, the eastern conference will be more fun to watch.  Gamble with KLove but I would do the same instead of nurturing a Wiggins/Bennett combo.  As for the Lakers... not much to say, except I'll enjoy my JLin highlights.  Hopefully old man back spasm Nash retires, more playing time for the chinese dude. 

So who's into fantasy this year?  I'll set one up if enough people express interest here.  We can make it more interesting.. like winner get to setup up loser's signature on TI (i.e. ps9 is always right).  Cash buy in?  Case of beer?  Welcome any feedback. 

I'll start off by recommending this deal athttp://slickdeals.net/f/7175838-target-spalding-premier-excel-basketball-14-99-regular-34-99

got two outdoor quality bballs for about $14 each

I'm always in for Fantasy BK... I still have our old league set up from 2 years ago and the failed one last year.

Everyone says it will be hard for the Cavs to win if they make the Finals but they forget that whichever team comes out of the West, they had a much harder road to travel. That's how Miami was able to win those two rings.

The Hawks are not worth $2B. In my opinion Ballmer over paid for the Clippers. The NBA has a big problem on their hands regarding owners.

Owners, now a GM.....  everyone just needs to shut up, stop recording shit, and just play ball. 

It's say 1 or 2 of training camp. Its an intra-squad scrimmage. Everyone is healthy. It's only a matter of time before Nash dies on the court, or at a minimum gets hurt and misses 70 games. Pencil in the black mamba for another 40 missed games.  By game 15 of the season you will be counting down the days till Kobe retires :)

I feel like I need to be the voice of reason to your voice of optimism when it comes to the lake show :)

The California Court Company said:
key difference. it is much easier for a young team to overachieve, than a team with aging/broken down/injury prone former stars to overachieve.
I agree... although the Spurs seem to be the exception.

Spur being the exception more has to do their coaching and their system, and their GM's ability to always find the perfect role players.

You cannot put Byron Scott and Pop under the same category. Duncan has never suffered any major injuries like Kobe did; Nash is more broken down the Ginobli. Parker is still in his prime while Boozer's prime is 7 years ago. Kawhi is a up and coming star while Randle is unproven.

The wild card is J Lin. But he is more effective being ball dominant; no ball dominant PG has panned out playing with Kobe.

irvinehomeowner said:
key difference. it is much easier for a young team to overachieve, than a team with aging/broken down/injury prone former stars to overachieve.
I agree... although the Spurs seem to be the exception.

The wild card is J Lin. But he is more effective being ball dominant; no ball dominant PG has panned out playing with Kobe.
Yep, that's why JLin didn't do so well in Houston. He admitted himself that while he was there he had to change his game to be more off the ball which meant he had to improve his shooting.

This is why when all those Laker fans say that Stern screwed them by reversing the CP3 trade, they didn't realize that CP3 would have probably left at the end of the season like Dwight... and they wouldn't have had Gasol either.

The PG role in a Kobe lineup is really for defense and last minute outlet pass for a jumper (like Fish), there's no way someone like CP3 would have been able to play in that set. Even Nash, when not injured, had terrible stats as a Laker.

so to rebuild and become a good basketball team again, they have to get rid of Kobe and his huge ass contract.
But that will not happen for obvious business reasons. This comes from a huge fan of Kobe ever since he joined the NBA.

For the current squad, J Lin is more suited to be the 6th man off the bench. J Lin/Swagger P/Randle will be more exciting to watch than Nash/Kobe/Boozer. The Lakers will lose a lot of games, but their bench is probably more fun to watch.

irvinehomeowner said:
Yep, that's why JLin didn't do so well in Houston. He admitted himself that while he was there he had to change his game to be more off the ball which meant he had to improve his shooting.

This is why when all those Laker fans say that Stern screwed them by reversing the CP3 trade, they didn't realize that CP3 would have probably left at the end of the season like Dwight... and they wouldn't have had Gasol either.

The PG role in a Kobe lineup is really for defense and last minute outlet pass for a jumper (like Fish), there's no way someone like CP3 would have been able to play in that set. Even Nash, when not injured, had terrible stats as a Laker.

But it will happen because of age reasons.

His contract is done after the 15/16 season and he won't be the same these next two seasons and will probably retire (or go play in Europe).

Then the Lakers will either have to go after Durant or Aldridge, or hope to get lottery.

Back