College Football - Weekly Picks

qwerty

Figured we should have a thread for anyone willing to share their weekly picks.

Week 1  - I went 2-2. Losses were South Carolina -10 over texas am and Alabama -22.5 over West Virginia. Wins were USC -18.5 over Fresno state and LSU -3.5 over Wisconsin. So down 15 for the week.

Week 2 - so far I've locked in notre dame -4.5 over michigan and Oregon -13 over Michigan state.

Almost all of my Oregon picks last year covered so they are a favorite mine. Alabama was the similar last year, however this year their defense doesn't look as good.  May have to take a wait and see approach with bama before I pick them again.

Right now USC is +3 against stanford. Either I'm thinking of waiting and hopefully getting Usc +3.5 or +4 later in the week or make the win win bet of taking stanford now -3. Usc wins I'm happy, stanford wins and I get paid and somewhat happy or at least less disappointed.

SC will not win the PAC 12 this year Also, I don't like how USC (school leadership) handled the Kiffin situation. They fired him on the team bus. #showsomeclass

eyephone said:
SC will not win the PAC 12 this year Also, I don't like how USC (school leadership) handled the Kiffin situation. They fired him on the team bus. #showsomeclass

They probably won't. Marriotta and hundley will give them too much trouble. The good thing about this time of the year is that there is still hope :)

The offense looked good. The defense let Fresno state march down the field way too easily on some drives. And if they did that, Marriotta and hundley will have a field day

picked the Seahawks today -6.  good start to the week. looks like i should have waited on the oregon. i placed it at -13, now its at -12. same thing with ND, i put it in at -4.5, now its at -3.5. i thought SC would get to +4 and instead they are at +2.5. 

the seahawks looked good, strong running game and D looked good.  I thought they would open it up more with Russell Wilson in his 3rd year now but still playing the same way as last year. I guess if it aint broke dont fix it.  He will get max money but then he will have to carry the team, i still believe Wilson is more of a game manager than elite QB.  The running game and D make him look better than he is.  Maybe he will be really good, but i just dont see it.  Its funny how he is considered a top tier QB and Alex Smith is a game manager. they look like the same player to me.

qwerty said:
eyephone said:

They probably won't. Marriotta and hundley will give them too much trouble. The good thing about this time of the year is that there is still hope :)

The offense looked good. The defense let Fresno state march down the field way too easily on some drives. And if they did that, Marriotta and hundley will have a field day

USC got rocked by BC
Kessler didn't look good (maybe they should start Max Browne at QB. He was the number one ranked HS QB in the COUNTRY coming out of HS to SC) Sarks play calling questionable, defense looked tired.

On another note. Alabama looks good this year. I'm happy Lane is doing well in Alabama. Saban is a sharp/wise coach to pick up Lane.

Actually watching the SC game brought back memories of lane. Except instead of the bubble screen it was running up the middle. sark said the offense would be  up tempo, creative, so much for that.

Back