Portola springs

Irvine1stTimer

Hello there,
I know thee have been some old threads on this topic here. Wondering Are there going to be any retails stores in the portola springs area. I heard yesterday from Sales people that there will be retail shopping between new elementary school at Portola springs  and 241?

Irvine1stTimer said:
Hello there,
I know thee have been some old threads on this topic here. Wondering Are there going to be any retails stores in the portola springs area. I heard yesterday from Sales people that there will be retail shopping between new elementary school at Portola springs  and 241?

Sales people will say whatever (true or not) to sell the homes. After all, the plan was to have retail at the new school site, and that's what sales people were telling buyers. Whether or not there are plans for retail doesn't mean much until they break ground. As TIC has proven, they can change their mind on a whim. With empty retail space at Woodbury Town Center, I don't see how market conditions can support a retail center in an even more isolated location. Certainly, I hope that there are plans for a retail center in Portola Springs. But I would take anything the sales people tell you regarding a retail center with a grain of salt.

I'd love to just have a gas station, convenience store and ATM but I certainly don't expect that given the way Irvine is developed.

My guess is no retail for Portola Springs. It doesn't look like the Great Park is going to build any retail anywhere near PS either.

Ditto on the gas station and a supermarket would be great too.

I thought the Great Park was going to develop retail south of Irvine Blvd?

Looks like they're building a bridge over in Portola Springs over Portola Parkway.  I imagine it's so kids can walk over to the new elementary school, except it's wayyyyy down towards the toll road entrance - not near any current homes.  Or is it something else completely?

Back