Status
Not open for further replies.
The gated side sucks too except for La Vita Plan 4 the only thing worth buying in the entire OH development.

If the poll teaches us anything it is that a choice with the word "sucks," will receive the most TI votes.

Since Capella is/was the fastest selling product in OH, the "Capella sucks" contingent does not seem reflective of actual buyers.
Big yards are great in the abstract, but the sales numbers suggest that people are willing to forego them.
Yeah, it would be nice to have, but are you are willing to pay $250K or live on a motorcourt to get it?

For some yes, but apparently not everyone.

The question is, would you pay $200k more for the smallest community on the Grove side vs Strada on the non-gated side?  Similar sized lots.

lovingit said:
The question is, would you pay $200k more for the smallest community on the Grove side vs Strada on the non-gated side?  Similar sized lots.
Not really apples to apples comparing 2200-2700 sq ft Strada vs 2900-3200 sq ft Capella.  Also, different builders with different layouts, different standard elements and options, different locations within their own community, different amenities, etc.  It's naive to just look at lot size alone.  But, yeah, there's definitely a premium for the gate.  There's also appreciation potential.  Capella is the least expensive home past the gate, Strada is the most expensive on the other side.  How are both selling?

lovingit said:

Well, if it's Capella plan 1 vs Strada plan 3, I would pick Capella plan 1.

The Strada plan 3 or 3x with optional conservatory has sq.ft reaching 2900 sq.ft and that's similar to Capella's.  But for some reason, Capella plan 1 feel bigger.

A lot of Capella's lot has advantage of not backing up to another home, almost none for Strada's home.  With very small yard, this is very important and not to feel claustrophobic.  I really like the Strada's floor plan but the really small yard and lack of lot with no neighbor behind it is a major turn off.  Might as well get Laurel.

Capella plan 1 has option of adding a conservatory and seating area at master bedroom, like the one in the model home.  This not only increase the sq.ft of the home, it makes the house so much bigger.

The gated community has that trophy home effect, can't really said that with Strada. 

TM > IP

I agree with Test, La Vita 4 floor plan is the best in OH.  Was actually considering buying it but the motorcourt killed it for me.  But yes, I would pay more for a premium lot with a view. 

lovingit said:

This isn't even close to a fair comparison.  They are each designed for different segments of buyers.  Those who can afford Capella and buy Strada probably don't need the space, or are opting to save for their next move.  Strada buyers who buy Capella are probably over-extending themselves financially.  You'll be hard pressed to find someone that disagrees that TM has a superior product over IP.  Absolutely, Capella is worth the extra $200K over Strada, and kudos to those who have purchased there.

DazedandConfused said:
I agree with Test, La Vita 4 floor plan is the best in OH.  Was actually considering buying it but the motorcourt killed it for me.  But yes, I would pay more for a premium lot with a view.
I don't get the love for La Vita plan 4.  And not just because is the stupid motorcourt.  First, you have to prefer a downstairs master bedroom, which a lot of people with young children do not.  Second, while I do love the vaulted ceiling of the great room, I don't love the dining area being this amorphous area between the great room and kitchen.  Third, I think the front courtyard is a colossal waste of space and don't really get the purpose of the outdoor stairs to the second floor, maybe to make it easier for your teenage kids to sneak out.  Fourth, the upstairs loft is tiny with only 2 bedrooms up there.  High $1M seems like a lot to pay for 4 bedrooms and less than 4k sq ft, but do understand that it's the view and big lot that probably justify a lot of the price.  But who would pay close to $2m for a plan 4 with no view that some of the lots have?

I get that it's a unique floor plan, and some lots have a view, but even so...the motorcourt kills it nonetheless.  I can't wait to hear the complaints when some homeowners start parking their extra cars in the motorcourt. 

OCgasman said:
DazedandConfused said:
I don't get the love for La Vita plan 4.  And not just because is the stupid motorcourt.  First, you have to prefer a downstairs master bedroom, which a lot of people with young children do not.  Second, while I do love the vaulted ceiling of the great room, I don't love the dining area being this amorphous area between the great room and kitchen.  Third, I think the front courtyard is a colossal waste of space and don't really get the purpose of the outdoor stairs to the second floor, maybe to make it easier for your teenage kids to sneak out.  Fourth, the upstairs loft is tiny with only 2 bedrooms up there.  High $1M seems like a lot to pay for 4 bedrooms and less than 4k sq ft, but do understand that it's the view and big lot that probably justify a lot of the price.  But who would pay close to $2m for a plan 4 with no view that some of the lots have?

I get that it's a unique floor plan, and some lots have a view, but even so...the motorcourt kills it nonetheless.  I can't wait to hear the complaints when some homeowners start parking their extra cars in the motorcourt. 

You sound like a broken record.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11774.msg231755.html#msg231755

test said:
OCgasman said:
test said:
La Vita is the only product offering worth buying at OH.  Everything else at OH is just more of the same.

1) Outstanding Italian Tuscan architecture and floor plans.
2) Motor courts cement the upscale feel since your driveway isn't directly off the main road.
3) Almost all of the lots are view lots.
I read your cut and paste before on the La Vita thread.  Not sure if you're being sarcastic about the motorcourt.  The motorcourt sucks and will cause parking issues on the street for owners and guests.  And are you talking about the view...into the apartments below? 

I do like the floor plans tho.  Actually like them a lot.  But that stupid decision to make them into motorcourts will bite Brookfield in the ass.  Maybe it was the only way to maximize density based on the narrow strip of land they received to build, but really dumb.  Who would buy that?!

To me, Vicenza, Messina and Saviero are grouped together based on size/price.  Even the floor plans have more in common than differences.  Comes down to personal preference and what you're looking for in a home.  Personally, I don't like interior courtyards, but some ppl do.  Some ppl are wow'ed with 2 staircases, I'm ambivalent.  One thing I like a lot, but isn't mandatory is a dedicated sitting area in master bedroom suite, some ppl think it's a waste.  So on and so forth. 

Capella and Amelia/Trevi will cater to a different buyer due to size and price.  La Vita, I discount outright cuz of the retarded motorcourt.

No worries bro.  I can see you're not accustomed to high end real estate (motor courts, multiple staircases, interior courtyards).

test said:
OCgasman said:
DazedandConfused said:

You sound like a broken record.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11774.msg231755.html#msg231755

test said:
OCgasman said:
test said:
La Vita is the only product offering worth buying at OH.  Everything else at OH is just more of the same.

1) Outstanding Italian Tuscan architecture and floor plans.
2) Motor courts cement the upscale feel since your driveway isn't directly off the main road.
3) Almost all of the lots are view lots.
I read your cut and paste before on the La Vita thread.  Not sure if you're being sarcastic about the motorcourt.  The motorcourt sucks and will cause parking issues on the street for owners and guests.  And are you talking about the view...into the apartments below? 

I do like the floor plans tho.  Actually like them a lot.  But that stupid decision to make them into motorcourts will bite Brookfield in the ass.  Maybe it was the only way to maximize density based on the narrow strip of land they received to build, but really dumb.  Who would buy that?!

To me, Vicenza, Messina and Saviero are grouped together based on size/price.  Even the floor plans have more in common than differences.  Comes down to personal preference and what you're looking for in a home.  Personally, I don't like interior courtyards, but some ppl do.  Some ppl are wow'ed with 2 staircases, I'm ambivalent.  One thing I like a lot, but isn't mandatory is a dedicated sitting area in master bedroom suite, some ppl think it's a waste.  So on and so forth. 

Capella and Amelia/Trevi will cater to a different buyer due to size and price.  La Vita, I discount outright cuz of the retarded motorcourt.

No worries bro.  I can see you're not accustomed to high end real estate (motor courts, multiple staircases, interior courtyards).
Yeah, because this:

First, you have to prefer a downstairs master bedroom, which a lot of people with young children do not.  Second, while I do love the vaulted ceiling of the great room, I don't love the dining area being this amorphous area between the great room and kitchen.  Third, I think the front courtyard is a colossal waste of space and don't really get the purpose of the outdoor stairs to the second floor, maybe to make it easier for your teenage kids to sneak out.  Fourth, the upstairs loft is tiny with only 2 bedrooms up there.  High $1M seems like a lot to pay for 4 bedrooms and less than 4k sq ft, but do understand that it's the view and big lot that probably justify a lot of the price.  But who would pay close to $2m for a plan 4 with no view that some of the lots have?

sounds exactly the same as this:

Maybe a remedial reading course at the local JC?  The only thing that's repeated is my disdain for the motorcourt, and I'll keep repeating it cuz it's really really dumb.  $1.5M+ homes on a motorcourt is a joke.  You can keep shilling your ass off for Brookfield, but you're not fooling anyone.

And stop cyberstalking me.  But if you continue wanting to debate in a public forum, come at me.

Test, you post some great links to floor plan and provide great info.  But, your act gets old and the vitriol you throw has defensive and shill ooze all over it.

OCgasman said:
DazedandConfused said:

Agree floorplan is overrated. It's worth it for the view, but not the home itself imo.
I do like the front courtyard and the Great room feel is prob the best of all the models in its price range. Kitchen is very nice and spacious. But beyond that, lot of things i don't like.

ok with the downstairs master bd, but would prefer it tucked in back of the house instead of the front/side so near the great room. don't like the outside staircase. overall, still feels like a "1-room" plan with a small upstairs loft and not very usable for people who like multiple spaces when you're buying that amount of sqf.

test said:
come at me bro - lol
Whatever.  The motorcourt is a stupid idea no matter how much lipstick you paint on it.  Still waiting for a rebuttal on why the motorcourt doesn't suck.  And don't give me a half ass answer about kids being able to play in the motorcourt cuz they'll just hit the cars parked in it.

test said:
Wannabe gansta like Michael Brown, come at me bro, haha.
Is that really all you have?  No lucid, comprehensible, well thought out comment on why the motorcourt at La Vita at Orchard Hills in Irvine isn't a stupid idea?  Your superiors at Brookfield will be so unhappy in your inability to defend La Vita.

Ah I love seeing the passionate debate about motorcourts (piazzas) and the value of interior courtyards in $2MM homes. Never imagined I'd see these threads back when IHB was a bear-blog.  >:D

I like the floor plans at la vita but down stairs master is not usable for us and really can't risk the motor court.  Backing into apartments is a big minus for me.

Might comprise on apartments if they had little cul de sacs instead of motor courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back