Block home sale price online

raisingboys

Anyone know?  Is there a way you can keep the sale price of your home undisclosed on zillow, redfin, trulia, etc.?  Before or after COE.

The MLS data can be removed by the selling agent. Make it part of the purchase agreement that all pricing info is remove and include a financial penalty for non compliance

Zillow uses county public records. The sale price of the home is a public record.

I contacted MLS and they said price is not able to be taken off.

"Under the Rules and Regulations of the MLS section 11.4, by submitting a listing into the MLS you are granting the MLS copyright ownership and authority to use the information for comparable compilations.  Once a listing is sold the cooperating broker and participants do not have access to change any of the information in the listing.  The listing becomes historical data and under section 11.8 removal of historical data is forbidden."

Maybe you have to do it before it is sold?

I read somewhere that the selling agent needs to pay $500 for the first occurrence, then $1000+ after. 

It may not be worth it to pay that penalty, if you can just look up the taxes paid and do the math.

I just wondered if the neighbors will frown upon the buyer if house is sold in their neighborhood significantly below comps.

Thanks for the input.

who gives a shit what the neighbors think. Rule #4 in the qwerty handbook, dont tell other people what to do with their money.

Back