Gardener Recommendations?

er5b

Does anyone have a gardener that they would recommend?

We are really looking for someone to come every couple weeks to maintain/prune plants we have, do fertilizing when necessary, make sure water is set right, etc. 

Thank you!

Does anyone have any recommendation for gardeners around the Northwood area?

I'm looking to resod and put pavers in a small section of my yard.  Not sure if anyone has any good recommendations?

Resurrecting this thread ..  Any gardener recommendation in PS ?  Just need someone to prune the roses/plants and clean the dead leaves maybe once a month or so.  We usually do our garden before when we had a smaller garden, but we have now maybe 30+ rose plants plus a bunch of fruit trees and its a pain to prune them and clean the dead leaves (plus the scratches from the rose thorns and potential bee stings).

Currently paying $50 for 2x/month in PS. They basically mow the little grass that I have, trim the hedges, rake a few leaves, sometimes scratch the house exterior with the hedge trimmer. My wife said she saw them lay fertilizer one time. But then again I have two patches of dead grass that keep getting bigger.

I'm also open to better options, if they exist, in PS.

Ask neighbors?  Leech of their gardener, that's what we did.  You get the best price too since they can do two yards in one trip. 

ps9 said:
Ask neighbors?  Leech of their gardener, that's what we did.  You get the best price too since they can do two yards in one trip. 
That's what we did.

I think we pay less than our neighbor and we have a bigger yard... hehe.

Or like Farmmie said... #hireqwermigo.

GH said:
Resurrecting this thread ..  Any gardener recommendation in PS ?  Just need someone to prune the roses/plants and clean the dead leaves maybe once a month or so.  We usually do our garden before when we had a smaller garden, but we have now maybe 30+ rose plants plus a bunch of fruit trees and its a pain to prune them and clean the dead leaves (plus the scratches from the rose thorns and potential bee stings).

Are your fruit trees in pots?

eyephone said:
GH said:

Are your fruit trees in pots?

no . in ground

Anyone in the Cypress Village area need a gardener? I have one that did decent work. Have to go over a few things with him but overall decent. I figured if we can get enough people we can get a lower rate. He wants 100 bucks for 2x a month but that seems on the higher end. Can probably negotiate it down. Let me know if you want his contact.

My guy comes once every 2 weeks for $60.  However, I hired him through my Mexican neighbor who was getting the same deal.

Protip for hiring gardeners.  Speak mexican.

I also pay $60/month for 2 visits.  My guy is only ok though - not the greatest but does the job.  He was $85/month for weekly service but weekly service is overkill.  $100 a month seems steep.

Chairman said:
Anyone in the Cypress Village area need a gardener? I have one that did decent work. Have to go over a few things with him but overall decent. I figured if we can get enough people we can get a lower rate. He wants 100 bucks for 2x a month but that seems on the higher end. Can probably negotiate it down. Let me know if you want his contact.

Feels d?j? vu... You need a gardener?  $100 a month for CV is high.  And only 2x month.  What does he do during those two visits?

irvinehomeowner said:
Heh... I think I win... I pay $60/mo for weekly service and I don't speak qwertish. :)

IHO can you share your gardener contact info? The one in our neighborhood is doing a poor job. I need to find a new one. Everyone on TI has gardeners but looking back at old threads no one has shared contact info  :(

Back