Broadcom moving to GP

test

"Broadcom Corp. and FivePoint Communities reached an agreement in principle to build Broadcom's new headquarters within the Great Park Neighborhoods."
http://www.dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-me-0302-mayor-state-of-irvine-20140301,0,802503.story

Broadcom is going here.

dbmcfd.jpg

2 million square feet of office space
$900 million in construction costs
13,000 employees will work here

Well Larry Agran failed.  The Republican majority prevailed and voted 3-2 to allow them to proceed.  This is really big news for 5P, Broadcom and Irvine.

Tustin = Loser
TIC = Loser
Democrats = Losers

test said:
Well Larry Agran failed.  The Republican majority prevailed and voted 3-2 to allow them to proceed.  This is really big news for 5P, Broadcom and Irvine.

Tustin = Loser
TIC = Loser
Democrats = Losers

I thought Broadcom only has 2,400 employees in OC? I guess a lot of other companies are included in the count?

paperboyNC said:
test said:

Tustin = Loser
TIC = Loser
Democrats = Losers

I thought Broadcom only has 2,400 employees in OC? I guess a lot of other companies are included in the count?

No, that campus is entirely theirs.  They're moving more people here.

test said:

Tustin = Loser
TIC = Loser
Democrats = Losers

You forgot:

Baker Ranch = Winner

Just a quick shot up Alton

8)

irvinehomeowner said:
Didn't they just move to the UCI campus?

Broadcom relocates quite a bit... and all in Irvine. Take that Texas!!!!

Ha - I rarely here companies leaving Texas to California. But I always here companies leaving California.

Broadcom is having a hard time with part of it's business being defeated by competitors. It just laid off hundreds of employees in Irvine

test said:

Tustin = Loser
TIC = Loser
Democrats = Losers

Huh?
http://www.dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-me-0706-irvine-planning-commission-20140705,0,2845613.story

"About 3,000 of Broadcom's more than 12,000 employees worldwide are based in Irvine. The new campus, expected to open in 2017, will ultimately accommodate about 8,000 employees."

eclipxe said:
You forgot:

Baker Ranch = Winner
I'm assuming employees at Broadcom know the difference between Irvine values and Lake Forest values.

:)

By the way, how are the homes that were sold new in Lake Forest the last 3 or 4 years (those 2 small infill communities)... are they at, above or below original sales price?

My problem with Baker Ranch is it just isn't all that unique and the location isn't all that grand. I feel that you would be better served, especially given the prices, to get into Foothill where you get some views and other unique offerings (plus 3 car garages, better $/sqft, good lots, and lower tax rates) that most of Irvine doesn't have (unless you can afford Turtle Rock, the high-end parts of OH, or Shady Canyon).  Just seems that the premium on Baker isn't worth it.

Sure $/sqft is better then Irvine and it is a few minutes quicker to FWY then Foothill but I don't see much relative value as a whole in BR. Those infill projects were not very nice, but I think KB's prices went up a decent amount from start to finish (which you would expect given the timing of the project). HOA were pretty high on those "non mella" homes given what you got (which was basically common area maintenance).   

Bullsback said:
My problem with Baker Ranch is it just isn't all that unique and the location isn't all that grand. I feel that you would be better served, especially given the prices, to get into Foothill where you get some views and other unique offerings (plus 3 car garages, better $/sqft, good lots, and lower tax rates) that most of Irvine doesn't have (unless you can afford Turtle Rock, the high-end parts of OH, or Shady Canyon).  Just seems that the premium on Baker isn't worth it.

Sure $/sqft is better then Irvine and it is a few minutes quicker to FWY then Foothill but I don't see much relative value as a whole in BR. Those infill projects were not very nice, but I think KB's prices went up a decent amount from start to finish (which you would expect given the timing of the project). HOA were pretty high on those "non mella" homes given what you got (which was basically common area maintenance). 

Not going to turn this into another defend BR thread, but there are currently only 8 houses in FR > 2000 sqft under $1m. All 8 are 20+ yrs old and in need of upgrades (some more than others). Add on top of that a higher tax rate than BR and the value prop. becomes a little different. To be fair though, FR is a great location and should absolutely be an option for anyone looking at BR also. It's just this false notion that FR has all of this great inventory with views and huge lots for cheaper than BR - it really doesn't.

If you want new (modern floor plans, etc) with good neighborhood amenities (FR has none) and no mello-roos, BR makes sense. It fills a nice middle ground between expensive/cramped/new/amenities Irvine and value/larger/older/non-amenities FR.

eclipxe said:
If you want new (modern floor plans, etc) with good neighborhood amenities (FR has none) and no mello-roos, BR makes sense.

What do you mean FR has no amenities??

SoCal said:
eclipxe said:
If you want new (modern floor plans, etc) with good neighborhood amenities (FR has none) and no mello-roos, BR makes sense.

What do you mean FR has no amenities??

What neighborhood amenities does FR have? I guess there is the pool, but it's pretty far from most of the homes. What else?

Back