Your address not in Google Maps? Fix it!

IrvinePeon

My family bought a home in Portola Springs and will be moving down there mid-August. The other day I decided to look up my address on Google Maps and discovered that the street my house is on does not even exist!

After googling around, I came across Google Map Maker that lets you edit and add all sorts of things to Google Maps.  It only took 1 day for my edit to get approved.  Kachina is now on Google Maps!

You bought a Quinterra?  How do you like it way up there in PS foothills?  Nice and quiet I'm sure.  Congrats!

IrvinePeon said:
My family bought a home in Portola Springs and will be moving down there mid-August. The other day I decided to look up my address on Google Maps and discovered that the street my house is on does not even exist!

After googling around, I came across Google Map Maker that lets you edit and add all sorts of things to Google Maps.  It only took 1 day for my edit to get approved.  Kachina is now on Google Maps!

I did this for my house.. it still wouldn't show up after approval.  Oh well.. my house got added pretty quickly... probably 2 months after we moved in.

Failed for me unfortunately:

Thank you for mapping with Google Map Maker. Upon reviewing your suggested change, we have decided not to apply your edit at this time as we found existing details to be more appropriate. If you feel otherwise, please add your comments supporting your suggested change. Thanks, and happy mapping.

Guess I'll need to wait 6 months like every one else.

IrvinePeon said:
ps9 said:
Congrats on Quinterra, did you get a discount? :)

Yes, I think we got a good deal on it. The prices really came down since their initial Phases 1-3.

Smart buy. Portola Springs prices have a lot more room for appreciation than Orchard Hills. Once the Elementary school gets going it will be more desirable.

paperboyNC said:
IrvinePeon said:
ps9 said:

Yes, I think we got a good deal on it. The prices really came down since their initial Phases 1-3.

Smart buy. Portola Springs prices have a lot more room for appreciation than Orchard Hills. Once the Elementary school gets going it will be more desirable.
Debatable. Everyone has an opinion on which village will appreciate the most and bottom line...nobody knows.

IrvinePeon said:
ps9 said:

So what's your definition of good deal?
1. You got it below the price of phase 1-3?
2. You got designer credit?
3. They gave you credit for closing cost?
4. You got a good lot? (View, large backyard)

Wow, I didn't know I'd touched on a sensitive topic by saying "I think we got a good deal...."  Anyway, let's leave those off-topic comments behind and people can think what they want.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but hi IrvinePeon! Looks like we'll be neighbors.

For me, good deal was $321/sf incl. options/incentives. I know Quinterra has it's cons but for new construction and the peace and quiet (some call it creepy :)) it's a nice change for me.

woshi said:
Sorry to revive this old thread, but hi IrvinePeon! Looks like we'll be neighbors.

For me, good deal was $321/sf incl. options/incentives. I know Quinterra has it's cons but for new construction and the peace and quiet (some call it creepy :)) it's a nice change for me.

Agreed. What do you think will appreciate more? $460/sqft resale in stone gate detached condo with tiny yard or $321/sqft single family home in portola springs with a medium yard. Once the PS elementary school opens and gets rated the community will be viewed on a more even level with stone gate.

paperboyNC said:
woshi said:

Agreed. What do you think will appreciate more? $460/sqft resale in stone gate detached condo with tiny yard or $321/sqft single family home in portola springs with a medium yard. Once the PS elementary school opens and gets rated the community will be viewed on a more even level with stone gate.

I will admit though, the medium yard is pretty tiny  :-[, even compared to the lots you see in Portisol (Woodbury) - those resales were originally our first choice. But not much luck waiting for the 4/3 properties to come up....

woshi said:
paperboyNC said:
woshi said:

I will admit though, the medium yard is pretty tiny  :-[, even compared to the lots you see in Portisol (Woodbury) - those resales were originally our first choice. But not much luck waiting for the 4/3 properties to come up....

I was specifically referring to this home:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12107.0.html

Surely your yard cannot be smaller than that? I do agree that the yards are nice on the Portisol homes, but the master suites are too small.

paperboyNC said:
woshi said:
paperboyNC said:
woshi said:

I was specifically referring to this home:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,12107.0.html

Surely your yard cannot be smaller than that? I do agree that the yards are nice on the Portisol homes, but the master suites are too small.

Well, ok it's bigger than that :)

It definitely passes the "can't touch the back wall from my rear window" test (only in Irvine....).

You guys are just as bad as I am :)

I did think about doing a that's what IHOs wife said but couldn't get it quite right without actually changing the wording.

Back