New to TI - And moving to Irvine in 2 weeks!

IrvinePeon

Hello everyone.

I'll be moving down to Irvine (Portola Springs) with my young family in a couple of weeks. We're from the Bay Area where the weather is cooler and the commute traffic is equally painful. But no more! Looking forward to the beach weather and working-from-home 100%.  ;D

I was looking for broadband internet service. Doesn't look like Verizon FiOS is available in 92618. The next best thing seems to be Cox. Prices seem a bit higher in So Cal. I'm currently paying $61.78 for 50 Mbps with Comcast Cable.  If anyone has any good info, please let me know.

Thanks!

In Irvine, Cox is the best speed for the money. Right now, they have a 50mb plan for $60 and a 100mb plan for $80.

If you bundle with TV and phone you get better discounts.

Welcome to Irvine and TI and let us know how your new home works out.

IrvinePeon said:
Hello everyone.

I'll be moving down to Irvine (Portola Springs) with my young family in a couple of weeks. We're from the Bay Area where the weather is cooler and the commute traffic is equally painful. But no more! Looking forward to the beach weather and working-from-home 100%.  ;D

I was looking for broadband internet service. Doesn't look like Verizon FiOS is available in 92618. The next best thing seems to be Cox. Prices seem a bit higher in So Cal. I'm currently paying $61.78 for 50 Mbps with Comcast Cable.  If anyone has any good info, please let me know.

Thanks!

Bay Area is beautiful but parking there drives me crazy.  Welcome to Irvine where the road is flat and parking spaces are all beautifully marked out for you.

If you want the fastest Internet speed ... You'll have to go with Cox since Fios has been shut out of the Irvine area.  Politics.

Prices?
ps9 said:
Welcome to TI!  We were just discussing Cox internet, here's where ZeroLot mentions the current deal:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,11475.msg237522.html#msg237522

$80 for 150mbs

Welcome to Irvine!

Welcome to Portola Springs! If you are getting TV as well U-verse has better deals, but Cox definitely has the fastest internet available.

For some reason, I was expecting an email notification when a reply was made. And when I didn't see any, I just thought there were no responses yet. Thanks for the kind welcomes! ;D

I'm not much of a TV guy so no need for any TV packages. Up here (with Comcast Cable), if you get phone service with the internet, you must rent their modem.  Is that the case with Cox as well?

IrvinePeon said:
For some reason, I was expecting an email notification when a reply was made. And when I didn't see any, I just thought there were no responses yet. Thanks for the kind welcomes! ;D

Har har, I found the Notify button at the top now.  ::)

Back