Spiders!

Chairman

So last night I discovered that my house has lots of spiders outside. And there were a lot of black widows! They hide somewhere during the day but come out onto their webs at night. I realized that I really should hire an exterminator. Which companies do you guys recommend? I know some people who went with Century. Anyone else I should consider? Thanks all.

AKIMYAI recommended these guys

Animal Pest Management Services, Inc.
Toll Free:
Phone:

I called and am waiting for the guy to contact me.

I will see how much he charges.

WTTCMN said:
I have Orkin. Have been for years. I find they do better work than the local companies which I got sucked into trying.  But I switched back. My guy is dan v out of Costa Mesa office. 949-419-7256 is his cell. He's the one that comes every other month. I had him treat my garage for spiders and also the outside. So far so good.

Does Orkin use harsh chemicals or are the green friendly? Were you concerned about spraying inside the home?

Word. I don't like the idea of having a subscription based fee program. At most I would try to stretch it out by quarters. I will try this cheaper alternative first. If that doesn't work then maybe I'll go with Century. :p

Chairman said:
Word. I don't like the idea of having a subscription based fee program. At most I would try to stretch it out by quarters. I will try this cheaper alternative first. If that doesn't work then maybe I'll go with Century. :p

Ugh I hate spiders. Good luck.

Chairman said:

Don't wait too long.  The whole point with pest control is to keep the pests OUTSIDE the house. Once they get in then they'll have to spray inside and no one would be allowed in for at least 3 hours ... But with all the furniture and bedding I don't know if I'll ever feel comfortable even after the 3 hours.

Nip it in the bud.  Good luck.

Beware of these pest control companies!  My last house I signed a one-year contract for quarterly maintenance service.  I never received a bill due to bad accounting by the service company.  I'm not even sure if they serviced my house.  If they did it was during the day when I'm not home.  About 18 months after I signed the contract....  I get a collection notice in the mail and a negative mark on my credit report.  Took me 3 or 4 months to resolve the issue.

Spiders, eh?
http://www.viralnova.com/creepy-pictures/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=aweber

daedalus said:
Spiders, eh?
http://www.viralnova.com/creepy-pictures/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=aweber

lol at the toilet paper one.

Tarmacpro said:
Beware of these pest control companies!  My last house I signed a one-year contract for quarterly maintenance service.  I never received a bill due to bad accounting by the service company.  I'm not even sure if they serviced my house.  If they did it was during the day when I'm not home.  About 18 months after I signed the contract....  I get a collection notice in the mail and a negative mark on my credit report.  Took me 3 or 4 months to resolve the issue.

Ugh, that sucks.  Mine is an open ended contract.  I locked in a life-time quarterly rate for as long as I continue to pay.  So far they've been very good and responsive.  I had the guy come out when I had an ant invasion near my AC unit and they came out with special ant spray, not the regular maintenance spray that same week.  So far, no more ants.

They always leave a notice on my front door with hand-written descriptions of when they arrived and what they sprayed.

I've found a lot of dead crickets around my yard, very minimal mosquitoes, a few baby spiders, ... but flies .. that's another story. 

In the summer months, I also notice an increase in the ants and spiders around the house. I sprayed the outside of the house a month or so ago but perhaps I didn't do a good enough job, since the ants and spiders keep coming back.

If I were to hire a pro, any recommendations in addition to Orkin and Animal Pest Management Services? Since we've got a toddler, I'd prefer a company that used products that weren't quite as toxic.

RibEye said:
In the summer months, I also notice an increase in the ants and spiders around the house. I sprayed the outside of the house a month or so ago but perhaps I didn't do a good enough job, since the ants and spiders keep coming back.

If I were to hire a pro, any recommendations in addition to Orkin and Animal Pest Management Services? Since we've got a toddler, I'd prefer a company that used products that weren't quite as toxic.

I signed with Turn of the Century. Not to be confused with Century.

And what your experiencing is normal for DIY sprays.  Unless you havetheir professional grade spray and equipment you probably won't get the same results. Also spiders are tough to get rid of 100%. 

As long as those buggers aren't inside your house, you're doing a good job.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Forget the spiders, ants are attacking my house.  How do I get rid of those fockers?

Terro:

http://www.amazon.com/TERRO-PreFilled-Liquid-Killer-Baits/dp/B000HJBKMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407352732&sr=8-1&keywords=terro

I have scout ants coming out all the time.. but no lines of them.  thoughts?

Back