Zillow buying Trulia

Interesting.  I dont like zillow user interface.  I used redfin alot and I used Trulia's market trend.  I actually thought about applying job at zillow in Irvine office. 

Almost forgot, zillow mortgage is a program I benefited from, open competition is a win win for consumers.

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Zillia? Trullow?

Los Angeles Trulia of Zillow?
Both suck compared to Redfin (except the Ziilow lender part).

Really?  Why?
Is it just what you're comfortable with? 
I always use Zillow and can't get comfortable with Redfin.

O Hills said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Zillia? Trullow?

Really?  Why?
Both my clients and I find redfin to be more user friendly and their data is more accurate and gets updated faster.  I timed how long it took Redfin to update after I made a change in MLS and it took about 30-60 minutes. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
O Hills said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Zillia? Trullow?

Really?  Why?
Both my clients and I find redfin to be more user friendly and their data is more accurate and gets updated faster.  I timed how long it took Redfin to update after I made a change in MLS and it took about 30-60 minutes.

Zillow and Trulia don't use MLS. They have a separate link to agent listing databases.

it used to take redfin several weeks to update closing prices on sold homes, now it takes several days. does anyone know what they do differently than before that cut down the time so dramatically?

Partial to Redfin for personal reasons. Zillow never comes across efficiently on a IE browser. Data that's weak ("Zestimates" often 15-20% off of reality) and old (for sale listings that closed weeks ago) make me less reliant on Zillow than others. That said, Z is the 800 pound gorilla and anyone in the real estate industry not grasping at the importance of this move does so at their own peril.

Zillow is an advertising, not real estate site - the "Yelp!" of housing data. If you're not on Z and if your reviews are weak, the market will pass you by. Most realtor's didn't take Z seriously when it first came out, but those who did.... did well.  Since the iGeneration is transitioning from renters to owners, the last thing they're going to do is drill through a craptastic local website to get MLS data. They'll focus on Zillow/Trulia and or Redfin first. NAR/CAR might try to boost their Realtor.com offerings but frankly it's too little, too late.

These mergers result in mass layoffs, AKA "right-sizing" in corporate speak, but any real innovations coming out of this merger are 12 months away. Let's see if the brick and mortar brokerages use that time wisely.

my .02c

Back