Construction on Sand Canyon/Roosevelt

J

jmoney74

Does anyone know what they are building?  Retail?  What shops?

I think one of the CV peeps posted about this last week. He said it was a 400 unit or so apt complex per city records.

16knbfb.jpg

eyephone said:
jmoney74 said:
test said:

Sorry guys.. where is the search box?
It's all good. Your buddy set it off. Lol

LOL.. I'll find some other things to repost as well.

BTW.. looks like they are carving out some land to do some retail along Irvine Blvd a little east of PP.  Looking forward to seeing what is there.

How about construction by Sand Canyon and the 405 fwy?  I know they built a trail there connecting University and Sand Cyn, but I see bulldozers away from the trail. Are they trying to move the power lines?

jmoney74 said:

BTW.. looks like they are carving out some land to do some retail along Irvine Blvd a little east of PP.  Looking forward to seeing what is there.

Saw this too, also looking forward to see what this turns out to be. Hoping for retail and not more 4-level condos....

scubasteve said:
How about construction by Sand Canyon and the 405 fwy?  I know they built a trail there connecting University and Sand Cyn, but I see bulldozers away from the trail. Are they trying to move the power lines?

I live near this area, and for the longest time they had a large poster saying Shady Canyon Medical Center coming soon. I was also wondering what they planned to do with the power lines, since the only commercial buildings I've seen under power lines are public storage lots  ;D

woshi said:
jmoney74 said:

Saw this too, also looking forward to see what this turns out to be. Hoping for retail and not more 4-level condos....

Since it is 5 points land.. it won't be.  TIC is trying to build as many apartments around the great park as they can.. but they still don't have the big chunk of it.  They are already saturating what is pretty much their market. 

jmoney74 said:
woshi said:
jmoney74 said:

Since it is 5 points land.. it won't be.  TIC is trying to build as many apartments around the great park as they can.. but they still don't have the big chunk of it.  They are already saturating what is pretty much their market.

Good to know, I thought that was part of Portola Springs.

where exactly is this potential retail site?  some of that land is PS so just curious to see the exact location.

WTTCMN said:
where exactly is this potential retail site?  some of that land is PS so just curious to see the exact location.

I'm not going to link to Test's previous post ... I'll let test do that, if he's still in the mood to do so.

But if we're still talking about the Sand Canyon/Roosevelt site ... it's LITERALLY an extension of Roosevelt that passes Sand Canyon.  Pretty cool huh?  I wonder how far they're planning on making Roosevelt to go?

So most of the retail will be on Sand Canyon between Roosevelt and Trabuco.

That's not 5P land, it's open space reserve.  If you go further east it's PS.  More further east and it's more 5P housing.  East again and it's more reserve land.  More east and you're in Lake Forest.

If you drive down irvine blvd it will be on the right hand side.  Probably will see construction next year though.

Back