Sales at The Groves in Orchard Hills slowing down?

raisingboys

Dear potential or current OH buyers,

Are you concerned about the halt, or slowing down of the home sales at Orchard Hills, specifically in La Vita, Messina and Vicenza? 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  My impression is that these builders have slowed down opening their phases.  I.e. La Vita, isn't opening up phase 3 (total of 10 phases) until August and their current phase 2 is not sold out and buyers are potentially backing out of their reservations (impression from today's visit). 

I wonder how this will affect the buyers of Capella in phases 1-4?  And other early buyers of Saviero, Amelia and Trevi (these builders have a higher rate of selling).  Will it be like Portola Springs, wherein they dropped the prices a year later?

I thought one would be lucky to get into the early phases, but considering that maybe not.  And that waiting may be a better game plan.

Any insight? 

I heard a lot of Trevi and Amelia buyers are relocating from Newport Coast.  Those buyers want new and big, since there's no more land to build in NC.

raisingkids said:
I heard a lot of Trevi and Amelia buyers are relocating from Newport Coast.  Those buyers want new and big, since there's no more land to build in NC.

I can't understand why anyone would move from Newport Coast to OH. They're going in the wrong direction. The right migration path is as follows:

John's Creek -> Corona -> Orchard Hills -> Laguna Altura -> Newport Coast Non Ocean View -> Newport Coast Ocean View -> Done.

:p

Insight from friends in the west side.  "Orchard Hills is a steal, considering it's less than $1k/sf".  WTF?  Maybe people in the west side will get tired of the traffic and bring their $ over here, and take the Metro. 

We moved to the OC thinking, housing would be a lot cheaper, not.

raisingkids said:
Insight from friends in the west side.  "Orchard Hills is a steal, considering it's less than $1k/sf".  WTF?  Maybe people in the west side will get tired of the traffic and bring their $ over here, and take the Metro. 

We moved to the OC thinking, housing would be a lot cheaper, not.

Where did you use to live?

It seems that overall real estate sales have slowed.  Not just in OH.
The price range in the Groves might amplify the trend-- there's a smaller pool of potential buyers.
I wonder if China's efforts to slow cash outflow might be having an impact.

But, yeah, it's a little concerning.

My guess for the slowdown is people are waiting to see Stan PACs greenwood at Tustin Legacy aka tustin ranch south :)

O Hills said:
It seems that overall real estate sales have slowed.  Not just in OH.
The price range in the Groves might amplify the trend-- there's a smaller pool of potential buyers.
I wonder if China's efforts to slow cash outflow might be having an impact.

But, yeah, it's a little concerning.

Also overhyped.  Not as luxurious as advertised. 

WTTCMN said:
qwerty said:
My guess for the slowdown is people are waiting to see Stan PACs greenwood at Tustin Legacy aka tustin ranch south :)

I heard the view lots there are incredible ;). Take your breath away for sure.

hey how many people can claim they have historic landmarks virtually in their backyard :)

Back