PP HOA

J

jmoney74

Just got a note that Aug assessment rate is $152.  Does anyone know what it should be once all homes are sold? 

My sales materials from Sagewood show $193/mth.  Is the $152 for Aug and increase or a decrease from your usual?

Yeah, my first assessment was $193, but its has dropped each month since we moved it.  Guess more people are moving in and spreading the cost out?

gasman said:
My sales materials from Sagewood show $193/mth.  Is the $152 for Aug and increase or a decrease from your usual?

It's a decrease.  Some cryptic note saying something about phase 6 blah blah.  I was also quoted 190 when I bough the home.. but now it has decreased two months in a row.

WTTCMN said:
You still haven't bought yet?  What are you waiting for?  PP is almost all sold out!

Too many FCBs ahead of me on the list.  I got called on the last phase release but the remaining lots were............undesirable.  It's gonna take a miracle to get the lot I want on the next phase...

my buddy got the corner lot at the previous release phase at Sagewood.  He's been waiting for a really really really long time :(

PP HOA fees are strange.  Mine have also gone down the last few months.  My docs also say they were supposed to be $193/mo.  First month was paid with closing costs ($193).  Then second month was $179 (so I thought that just had something to do with closing costs overpaid), but then third month was $178.

Not going to bother to inquire as to why, just hope they don't come looking for extra money in 1-2 years.

aquabliss said:
PP HOA fees are strange.  Mine have also gone down the last few months.  My docs also say they were supposed to be $193/mo.  First month was paid with closing costs ($193).  Then second month was $179 (so I thought that just had something to do with closing costs overpaid), but then third month was $178.

Not going to bother to inquire as to why, just hope they don't come looking for extra money in 1-2 years.

When I originally saw the HOA dues.. it said $135-$193.  I'm assuming they  have to quote high for all of the early phases.  Hopefully it can stay around $150 or lower.

#FARM said:
my buddy got the corner lot at the previous release phase at Sagewood.  He's been waiting for a really really really long time :(

There were 2 lots that had a hard time selling from the last 9A/9B phases.  The largest corner lot went unclaimed for 2-3 weeks.

Nice! I thought the HOA was set at $193/month. Glad to hear it is going down.

Any chance that the MR will decrease when the District 1 homes are built?!?  8)

PP HOA is strange.  My docs also said $193/mo.  My first month of $193 was included in closing costs, then second month was around $179 (I thought it was some adjustment from overpaying closing costs), but third month was $178 so now I have no idea. 

I'm not asking any questions, just hope they don't come back and ask for it all back later.

jmoney74 said:
what's wrong with the lots that you dont want?

Nothing wrong with them per se.  My wife likes the east coast elevation at Sagewood, so that immediately cuts the options down.  Santa Barbara elevation is a distant second, and craftsman would mean divorce (jk!).  TBH, I'm needing a bigger lot to justify the current pricing, along with the MR.  The units that were available were in the 4800-5000sf range, and the ones I'm interested in are 5700sf.  Also, most of the homes released in P9B (which is where I got called) were edge properties on PP, with a beautiful view of the new 4-5 story TIC apartments/condos through a standard iron fence.  I would prefer a lot that's a little further away from the property line.  I live in Columbus Square right now along Edinger, and we are SO OVER having an edge property.

Short story long...I'm being nit-picky, but I'm going to be considering it's a $1.2-1.3M "investment".

So if anyone is gunning for a Sagewood lot in P10A (yes, P10 is being split into 2 smaller releases as well), let me know what I can do to convince you to stay home that day.  ;)

gasman said:
jmoney74 said:
what's wrong with the lots that you dont want?

Nothing wrong with them per se.  My wife likes the east coast elevation at Sagewood, so that immediately cuts the options down.  Santa Barbara elevation is a distant second, and craftsman would mean divorce (jk!).  TBH, I'm needing a bigger lot to justify the current pricing, along with the MR.  The units that were available were in the 4800-5000sf range, and the ones I'm interested in are 5700sf.  Also, most of the homes released in P9B (which is where I got called) were edge properties on PP, with a beautiful view of the new 4-5 story TIC apartments/condos through a standard iron fence.  I would prefer a lot that's a little further away from the property line.  I live in Columbus Square right now along Edinger, and we are SO OVER having an edge property.

Short story long...I'm being nit-picky, but I'm going to be considering it's a $1.2-1.3M "investment".

So if anyone is gunning for a Sagewood lot in P10A (yes, P10 is being split into 2 smaller releases as well), let me know what I can do to convince you to stay home that day.  ;)

At that price point.. gotta buy your ideal home.  Good luck.

Back