Finally had a chance to visit Turtle Ridge

jyeh74

I kept hearing agents and friends saying the Groves at OH is like the north version of TR.  So I finally had a chance to visit today.  Wow, you cannot even compare.  TR has a higher elevation and cooler weather.  Whoever saying OH is like TR is incorrect.  The feeling as you drive up through the gates and while you are at the pool/gym area is different than the "resort" at OH.  The lots are bigger and the demographics are different.

But of course, the price/sq ft in TR is currently above $700 for SFRs.  The cheapest home I found on MLS was $1.588m.  I doubt OH will ever get in the $700/sq ft......or will it?

I love the turtle ridge.  The only thing is not good is that you have to drive to school even the vista verde, and that is the reason I finally picked up OH

irvineboy said:
I kept hearing agents and friends saying the Groves at OH is like the north version of TR.  So I finally had a chance to visit today.  Wow, you cannot even compare.  TR has a higher elevation and cooler weather.  Whoever saying OH is like TR is incorrect.  The feeling as you drive up through the gates and while you are at the pool/gym area is different than the "resort" at OH.  The lots are bigger and the demographics are different.

But of course, the price/sq ft in TR is currently above $700 for SFRs.  The cheapest home I found on MLS was $1.588m.  I doubt OH will ever get in the $700/sq ft......or will it?

yup... I think everyone thought OH would be the super luxurious.. but didn't deliver. 

Would anyone on this forum actually pay $700/sq ft for turtle ridge?  You are almost getting into the newport price now.

irvineboy said:
Would anyone on this forum actually pay $700/sq ft for turtle ridge?  You are almost getting into the newport price now.

If I could afford it I'd pay $700/sq ft for ocean views and walking distance (under 15min walk) to the ocean.

Like this one:http://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Beach/913-Summit-Way-92651/home/4894454

Google says 12min walk to the ocean.

This one doesn't have as nice views, but is closer to the oceanhttp://www.redfin.com/CA/Laguna-Beach/444-Flora-St-92651/home/4894571

One Bontanica home on Shady Ln., I recount, was sold at $700K! That was a Plan 1 single-story home. Now, one Plan 1 on Hedgerow wanted $2 million! They lowered it, though. That makes Bontanica more than $900/sf!

Same thing with La Cima. 6000 sf for $5.5 million makes it more than $900/sf. It makes Trevi look like a discount!

The detached condos, Chantory and Arborel, are already $650/sf. 1700 sf for $1.1 million and 1100 sf for $700K = expensive!

The more expensive tracts, Citrus and La Cima on Grandview, are closer to the freeway because they have better views of the ocean. So you choose, no view or the freeway?

I did notice there aren't so many parks there compared to some newer neighborhoods.

I wonder if they are still selling as hot as Laguna Altura?

Back