Not our night for dining out

ps99472

Wanted to try something new and decided on MCow, walked in and was told only bar available.  Plenty of regular seating but because it's a soft open so they can't seat there.  Asked if we can wait and was told the previous two tables (yes that's all they can handle!) just sat.  Walked out frustrated.  Family can't decide where to eat, Curry House vetoed, Mokkoji was a hour wait, Habuya is closed.  Decided to go to Jinbei.  But kid fell asleep in the car there!  Arghhhh..  Ended up getting Ren (review forthcoming) takeout.  Someone really didn't want us to eat out tonight. 

Funny how things worked out.  Our takeout dinner from Ren was delicious.  My wife and I had a nice quiet dinner together at home, while the kid continues to sleep it out on the couch.  We discussed my possible promotion at work, how it will affect us if I get or if I don't get it.  How our daughter is starting kinder and how our schedule will be affected.  It was a great time to re-conncect, since we're so busy during the week.  I don't think MCow would've given us the opportunity go over our life as much if we ended up getting a seat there.  It went from a frustrating dinner situation to a stronger bond between my family.  Thumbs up!

ps9 said:
Funny how things worked out.  Our takeout dinner from Ren was delicious.  My wife and I had a nice quiet dinner together at home, while the kid continues to sleep it out on the couch.  We discussed my possible promotion at work, how it will affect us if I get or if I don't get it.  How our daughter is starting kinder and how our schedule will be affected.  It was a great time to re-conncect, since we're so busy during the week.  I don't think MCow would've given us the opportunity go over our life as much if we ended up getting a seat there.  It went from a frustrating dinner situation to a stronger bond between my family.  Thumbs up!

Sounds like fun! What kind of work do you do?

ps9 said:

Great how it worked out for your family.  My kid is starting Kinder too.  Did you make any decisions on after school care during your talk?

ZeroLot said:
ps9 said:

Great how it worked out for your family.  My kid is starting Kinder too.  Did you make any decisions on after school care during your talk?

CDC for now, with occasional grandparents picking up.  It's gonna be fun this Sept.  Did you get your iPad yet for Cypress Viilagers? 

ps9 said:
ZeroLot said:
ps9 said:

CDC for now, with occasional grandparents picking up.  It's gonna be fun this Sept.  Did you get your iPad yet for Cypress Viilagers?

When did this get announced??  My kid needs an iPad for school?? 

I'm thinking about the Heritage Park after-school pickup.  But not sure yet.  I will talk to them after work today.

So they pick up from Cypress Village and drive them to Heritage Park? 

Hate to confuse a child:  stranger danger! except for the guy that picks you up (hope it's always the same guy too)

ps9 said:
So they pick up from Cypress Village and drive them to Heritage Park? 

Hate to confuse a child:  stranger danger! except for the guy that picks you up (hope it's always the same guy too)

Spoke to Heritage Park and it's most likely the supervisor picking up the kids (with an official park shirt).  They get a lot for 1st to 4th graders at their facilities during the school year.  Kindergarten parents/grandparents tend to pick or choose on site care.  He said teachers do not release a kindergartener unless an adult is present.  So that makes me feel better than little kindergartener don't wonder around lost after school.

Heritage park also have iCamp for kids (aka summer camp) from either 9 - 1 or 1 - 6 or both.  I ran into a flock of 30 kindergarten kids while I was there. Literally a flock.  The counselors were really good at working with them. 

So I may enroll mine half day there at end of August so once September rolls around she's fully comfortable with the counselors there.

It's cool that Irvine offers such an option.

Back