woman begging in restaurant

rwa484

I was enjoying lunch with several colleagues at Boiling Point today when I saw a woman, standing in front of a table on the other side of the aisle. A small boy, just a head taller than the table, was on her left side. Her right hand was holding a small cardboard.

She was checking out the diners table by table. Some tables enjoyed the food so much that they did not even notice her standing right by their table. Some tables shook their heads. She kept moving on. The 6th or 7th table handed her a few dollars. That is when she caught a waiter's attention and was asked to leave.

She looks like a Mexican or a central American. I cannot help thinking she might be one of the illegal immigrants entering thru Texas border recently....

begging in a restaurant is not typical mexican/hispanic behavior, not saying she wasnt mexican, she could have been middle eastern perhaps.

A woman (looks like central American) with a kid begging for food in the 99 ranch market plaza on Walnut. She had a board saying "lost job..." She was brave enough to beg at the damn chaos left turn exit of that plaza.

ukuoy said:
A woman (looks like central American) with a kid begging for food in the 99 ranch market plaza on Walnut. She had a board saying "lost job..." She was brave enough to beg at the damn chaos left turn exit of that plaza.

wa~~, maybe the same woman I saw last Friday!  Is she about 5 feet tall?

I've seen two families in the past couple weeks begging at the exits of parking lots with the whole family (dad, mom and a few kids). I always think they could make more money doing yard work or cleaning houses.

they are gypsies.  Often use kids to try and garner more money.  They are a lot bolder when it comes to getting in your face for money.  The ones in Europe are extremely aggressive, NYC they aren't as aggressive but very annoying.  Guess it was only time they made their way out to Irvine?

ukuoy said:

I've seen this same woman with her kid begging for money at the Westpark post office too.  But I've seen African Americans approach her and told her to get lost.  She's been doing this since the beginning of 2014.

I handed her money once because she had a kid with her.  Now that I see her so often and for almost half a year I'm calling fraud on her.  And using those kids to beg.  Shameless.

Also I've seen that whole family, husband and all begging n the walnut center too.  I think they figured out that Walnut Center is better begging place than the post office.

Like Broda said.. they are gypsies.  I've seen them every where in the last year.  Walking around with kids to get money.  It's pretty sad to exploit children like that. 

So I went to Mitsuwa on Culver this weekend and saw the lady with her kid with the sign begging for money.  The kid was crying and the mother was pissed.  The first thing I thought was..."HEY there's a thread about her on TI"...

I should print this thread out and throw it out the window at her next time I see her.  Yeah bitch we're talking about u.

I saw a woman and children begging in the Woodbury shopping center.  I told her to go to Families Forward where she and the children can be taken care of.  She blew me off.  I stayed for a while and watched.  Gypsies for sure.  They keep on the move so the police don't catch them.  I saw a van pick them up.  Others in the car.  Wish I had called the police.

Trav25 said:
I saw a woman and children begging in the Woodbury shopping center.  I told her to go to Families Forward where she and the children can be taken care of.  She blew me off.  I stayed for a while and watched.  Gypsies for sure.  They keep on the move so the police don't catch them.  I saw a van pick them up.  Others in the car.  Wish I had called the police.

Where is Irvine PD when we need them??  I haven't seen a single motorcycle cop posted on my street to watch for crazy drivers running stop signs either.

ZeroLot said:
Trav25 said:

Where is Irvine PD when we need them??  I haven't seen a single motorcycle cop posted on my street to watch for crazy drivers running stop signs either.

They're busy dealing with a door-slamming epidemic.  ;)

Just saw the same gypsy woman again.  This time without her kids but with an infant about a month old.

I was so pissed she was standing in the center divider of the 99 Ranch plaza entrance endangering that infant's life for money.  Sure she's making bank with all the cars stopping and giving her money BUT I saw her almost fall off that center divider twice while walking around holding a sign + the baby.

I already called Irvine PD and no response so far. If only I can get child services on her butt for using and endangering the baby.  grrrrr.

ZeroLot said:
I already called Irvine PD and no response so far. If only I can get child services on her butt for using and endangering the baby.  grrrrr.
They are busy looking for the guy who endangered someone else's babies.

#YesIWentThere

ZeroLot said:
Just saw the same gypsy woman again.  This time without her kids but with an infant about a month old.

I was so pissed she was standing in the center divider of the 99 Ranch plaza entrance endangering that infant's life for money.  Sure she's making bank with all the cars stopping and giving her money BUT I saw her almost fall off that center divider twice while walking around holding a sign + the baby.

Okay, now I'm positive this must be the same lady who was begging here in F.R., I want to say about a year or so ago. Looked like a Rumney / gypsy. What stood out to me was the woman, who was with a young child, was standing right on the edge of the curb at the end of a VERY SHARP down-hill turn on Bake where cars are flying then have to make a hard right to get into the shopping center. It is right in the middle of the road, no stop signs, no light, no limit line or anything. Scary. If anybody turned just a little too wide, she'd be pushing up daisies. I thought she was out of her damn mind standing there, let alone with a child. I slowed down nice & easy just so I didn't mow her down with my car. Then she had the nerve to take that as a green light to step off the curb and approach me driver's side to beg. That was the last I saw of her.

Just saw her again in the same plaza, this time without the baby.  I'm hoping the baby got confiscated from her.  I know that's NOT her baby.  I've seen her so much I know her family.  She has stood on the street corner with 2 kids for the longest time.  Her sign even says she has 2 kids.  Then suddenly one day she shows up there with a infant?  Really?! 

Anyhow she still makes a TON of money standing on that street corner on Jeffrey/Walnut.  She's been there for 2 years now.  At the rate she's earning money she has NO reason to leave.  So many people pull over and hand her 20's.  I think someone should join her just to add some competition. 

saw a woman with a baby begging outside 99 ranch market @Jeffery + Walnut.  This woman is Non-Asian and Non-White.

I was walking around the plaza and noticed a cop stopped by.  The cop spoke with the woman for couple minutes and then the woman left.

Back