Moving companies

I moved twice in the last 9 months (whole house moves).  Both times I used Safeway Moving (in Lake Forest) and had the team of Ken and Gary.  These guys were great - up and down stairs with no wall bumping, took very good care of all my furniture, wrapped anything fragile, etc.  They're also really nice guys (pretty good jokes they have)

If you use them, request Ken and Gary, it's worth it to wait until they're available.  I bought them Carls Jr. lunch both times and they were grateful, also tipped them *after* everything was done and they had done a flawless job.

aquabliss said:
I moved twice in the last 9 months (whole house moves).  Both times I used Safeway Moving (in Lake Forest) and had the team of Ken and Gary.  These guys were great - up and down stairs with no wall bumping, took very good care of all my furniture, wrapped anything fragile, etc.  They're also really nice guys (pretty good jokes they have)

If you use them, request Ken and Gary, it's worth it to wait until they're available.  I bought them Carls Jr. lunch both times and they were grateful, also tipped them *after* everything was done and they had done a flawless job.

How much do they charge for a local move? I just need an idea because the last time I moved was from out of state into Irvine and that one cost $10k  :eek:

Paris167 said:
aquabliss said:

How much do they charge for a local move? I just need an idea because the last time I moved was from out of state into Irvine and that one cost $10k  :eek:

They charge by the hour but there is a minimum + gas/mileage charge.  I can't remember everything exactly but... Just to give a rough estimate my move was probably 4-5 hours total (just moved down the street both times) and total damage was around $450-$500. (2 man team)

There's always a cheaper option but it's not always worth it.

Evensteven said:
I recommend "Anything Goes" in Orange County, they are also operated by Veterans. A friendly, careful, and efficient moving service. I believe they only charged about $75 per hour.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/anything-goes-mission-viejo
I can see they got a very good review.

My friend found a moving company from craigslist. Two men were around 5'11 to 6' height. They helped her move from 200ft. studio to one bedroom single house. Her studio flat didn't has any heavy furniture. One person tiny table, one single bed, no closet, lots of clothes and books. Without packing or installation and two houses were just 20 minutes distance. That two men carried a 14" Television together or even a tiny coffee table together.  My friend couldn't wait for them. She shouted to them many times, 'Hurry Up, please! it's over the time now". The end she even helped them to move. It supposed to 3 hours work, the end she paid 6 hours to them.  So I am not sure how does it work if they charge by hour?

NewIrvineBee said:
Evensteven said:
I recommend "Anything Goes" in Orange County, they are also operated by Veterans. A friendly, careful, and efficient moving service. I believe they only charged about $75 per hour.

My friend found a moving company from craigslist. Two men were around 5'11 to 6' height. They helped her move from 200ft. studio to one bedroom single house. Her studio flat didn't has any heavy furniture. One person tiny table, one single bed, no closet, lots of clothes and books. Without packing or installation and two houses were just 20 minutes distance. That two men carried a 14" Television together or even a tiny coffee table together.  My friend couldn't wait for them. She shouted to them many times, 'Hurry Up, please! it's over the time now". The end she even helped them to move. It supposed to 3 hours work, the end she paid 6 hours to them.  So I am not sure how does it work if they charge by hour?

So what's the point of this story? Your friend paid 6 hours for 3 hours. #gotrippedoff

They charge by the hour, but usually have a minimum.

thatOSguy said:
NewIrvineBee said:
Evensteven said:

Moral of the story : Steer clear of Craigslist movers?  :-\

Not always bad to get guys on craigslist. I had great experience with Monster movers. I moved in Feb from a 2 bedroom apt to a townhouse. 2 beds( cal king, queen) 3 TVs, living and dinning furniture, 50 boxes and a garage full of stuff. It was done by 2 guys and they moved us in less than 5 hours. Total was $432 when it was all set and done. We also had extra furniture moved.
I would recommend them. They were efficient, did not stop until it was done even when I offered them a drink.  8)

Back