Author Topic: Lakers News  (Read 250775 times)

Online paydawg

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 30
  • -Received: 68
Re: Lakers News
« Reply #1350 on: July 24, 2017, 03:30:21 PM »
I think Magic/Rob are smart not trading too many assets for PG13, especially if he really wants to be a Laker.

And if he stays in OKC, the youngsters are looking pretty good anyways. Even if they don't sign any big names next free agency, they have a fun team to watch.

I think they'll get at least one big name next year.  However, All that can change on how this season goes. 

I read that Rob and Magic were all PG/LBJ 2018 from day 1.

Curious to see what the lineup would look like next year with PG, LBJ or both.  Wouldn't both be a 3 or 4?  With Lonzo at the 1 and BI (2?).  Who plays center next year?  What would happen to Julius Randle?

Offline jmoney74

• Irvine dude
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 408
  • -Received: 334
  • HOA This!
« Reply #1351 on: July 24, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
I think Magic/Rob are smart not trading too many assets for PG13, especially if he really wants to be a Laker.

And if he stays in OKC, the youngsters are looking pretty good anyways. Even if they don't sign any big names next free agency, they have a fun team to watch.

I think they'll get at least one big name next year.  However, All that can change on how this season goes. 

Curious to see what the lineup would look like next year with PG, LBJ or both.  Wouldn't both be a 3 or 4?  With Lonzo at the 1 and BI (2?).  Who plays center next year?  What would happen to Julius Randle?

Yeah it would be really weird.  I guess Ingram is the stretch 4 but man.. he would get pushed around.  PG at SF.. LBJ plays SG.  Lonzo at PG.  Center would be.. BOOGIE!  ;) 

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
  • -Given: 109
  • -Received: 121
« Reply #1352 on: July 24, 2017, 04:01:15 PM »

The Warriors just won a championship with Pachulia and McGee at the 5!!! These guys are below-replacement level NBA players. In other words, it doesn't really matter. Any goon will do at the 5.

Randle has the girth and quick feet to play D well and cover the 5 on that team. The only problem is he hasn't been very good on D in his first couple seasons. He's often in the wrong spot and not exerting much effort.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
  • -Given: 182
  • -Received: 441
« Reply #1353 on: July 24, 2017, 04:14:27 PM »
Rose signs with the Cavs. This is better for Rose, so he can have more minutes. When/if Kyrie leaves vs. signing with the Lakers.

Offline SoclosetoIrvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 54
  • -Received: 75
« Reply #1354 on: July 24, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »
Rose signs with the Cavs. This is better for Rose, so he can have more minutes. When/if Kyrie leaves vs. signing with the Lakers.

Crazyyyy  Rose just one year ago wanted a max contract from the Knicks and now just accepted the vet min! I look at all the random contracts that were given out to players like Deng/jr smith etc and I think it's crazy there was no other market than the vet min for Rose

I wonder if this means Kyrie is on the way out.  Rose probably picked cavs over lakers for playing time to showcase his talents for next FA.  So where are the minutes coming from?  Taking Dwill minutes only as backup PG?  Or will he be the starter for whatever package Cavs get for Irving.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1355 on: July 24, 2017, 04:29:21 PM »

Crazyyyy  Rose just one year ago wanted a max contract from the Knicks and now just accepted the vet min! I look at all the random contracts that were given out to players like Deng/jr smith etc and I think it's crazy there was no other market than the vet min for Rose

I wonder if this means Kyrie is on the way out.  Rose probably picked cavs over lakers for playing time to showcase his talents for next FA.  So where are the minutes coming from?  Taking Dwill minutes only as backup PG?  Or will he be the starter for whatever package Cavs get for Irving.

Irving is most likely going to be traded.

A lot of big names got traded this summer.

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
« Reply #1356 on: July 24, 2017, 04:31:16 PM »
While the Moz and Deng contracts were and are insane, remember to keep them in context. Most teams had a ton of cap space last July. If Rose were a FA last July, he'd likely have gotten paid too. Kupchack and Jim were desperate to ink big name FAs last July and make a splash. They made quick offers neither Moz nor Deng would bother shopping. The Lakers "won" both quickly. Yay.  :-[

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1357 on: July 25, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »
Lakers sign Ennis.

Offline eyephone

• Thanks
« Reply #1358 on: July 27, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
Lakers sign Thomas Bryant. (2nd round pick)

Offline jmoney74

• Irvine dude
  • Thanks
  • HOA This!
« Reply #1359 on: July 27, 2017, 03:56:09 PM »
Hope the young guys can step up.

Offline jmoney74

• Irvine dude
  • Thanks
  • HOA This!
« Reply #1360 on: Yesterday at 12:59:55 PM »
Pacers get NBA to probe Lakers tampering with Paul George. 

Pretty funny story here.  Either there is hard proof or the Pacers are sour grapes.  Side story, Peter Vecsey (remember him?) broke the story.  He also responded to an old Magic Johnson tweet from 2011 where Magic said something to the effect that Vescey sucks.

Earvin Magic Johnson‏Verified account @MagicJohnson  17 Jun 2011
More
 Is Peter Vecsey still on TV?  That's right, no, because he wasn't very good.
128 replies 526 retweets 831 likes
Reply  128   Retweet  526   Like  831   Direct message

Peter Vecsey‏Verified account
@PeterVecsey1
Follow
More
Replying to @MagicJohnson
Clearly, words from someone dumber than a stump!!!

Here is some evidence of tampering at 3:44 LOL. 

Offline Perspective

• Thanks
« Reply #1361 on: Yesterday at 01:14:51 PM »
PG's agent should file a grievance with the league too, arguing that the Pacers accepted an inferior return in the trade for him, simply due to Larry Bird's animosity toward the Lakers. This grievance would have similar merit to the Pacers'.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts