Luna at PS or Jade court at Cypress Village

Tom_Irvine_Guy

Hello Local Experts, Luna and Jades court both being from Cal Pacific homes with exactly same floor plans. Need to decide which one we should go for, here are some questions, would appreciate some good feedback.

1) We like like Plan-3 at Luna/Jade Court :

Any feedback, is this good floor plan? Positive/negative, would it be easy for re-sale point of view?

2) Location: Luna is better or Cypress Village
CV is very close to freeway, PS is little further down, maybe closer to landfill.

3) Re-sale value : which would be easy to sell/rent, if we have to move out of irvine?
I was told by Sales agent at Luna, a brand new Elem school will open in 2015, very close/walking distance from Luna.

Plan 3 at Luna are at 625-630K range
Plan 3 at jade court are at 652-660K.
MR and HOAs are same at both locations.

Thanks a lot

I'll take these in reverse.

3) CV because it's closer to freeway "access".

2) See #3.

1) Seems nice.

Regarding the school, PS is barely walkable and you have to cross Portola Parkway to get to the school.  CV's school is opening this year and it's literally across the street from JC.

I live in Portola Springs and can say that re-sells are slow as heck right now. I'd guess that you'd have an easier time renting / re-selling in CV since there is still so much development scheduled at Portola Springs, Great Park, Northwood Paseo, Orchard Hills, etc. while there is not much development planned that is more West than Cypress Village other than Hidden Canyon which will be $2mm homes.

(1) The Plan 3 is a good floorplan, overall, with a decent sized yard, but remember that when it comes to re-sale, it is "attached" even though it its only by the garage. The sf helps balance this term, because it is 1600 sf, nearly the size of the smallest Irvine Pacific detached condos.

(2) Cypress Village has a great middle school (especially if math or science appeals to you) and a soon-to-come elementary school. Portola Springs is zoned to the same middle school, but it is not walking distance. Portola Springs also plans to have a "true" elementary school by the 2015-2016 school year, too. The garbage dump is unnoticeable, and realize that right next to Luna are $2.5 million homes in gates which are closer to an outlet of the dump. Cypress Village may have greater resale potential, because of walking distance to great schools (maybe the best ones in later years) and shopping centers, as well as easy access to the freeway, allowing people who need to go further away from Irvine for jobs or such to buy a home in Irvine. If you buy a home where you can hear or see the freeway though, forget it!

??? said:
(1) The Plan 3 is a good floorplan, overall, with a decent sized yard, but remember that when it comes to re-sale, it is "attached" even though it its only by the garage. The sf helps balance this term, because it is 1600 sf, nearly the size of the smallest Irvine Pacific detached condos.

(2) Cypress Village has a great middle school (especially if math or science appeals to you) and a soon-to-come elementary school. Portola Springs is zoned to the same middle school, but it is not walking distance. Portola Springs also plans to have a "true" elementary school by the 2015-2016 school year, too. The garbage dump is unnoticeable, and realize that right next to Luna are $2.5 million homes in gates which are closer to an outlet of the dump. Cypress Village may have greater resale potential, because of walking distance to great schools (maybe the best ones in later years) and shopping centers, as well as easy access to the freeway, allowing people who need to go further away from Irvine for jobs or such to buy a home in Irvine. If you buy a home where you can hear or see the freeway though, forget it!

so being very close to freeway at JC is good or bad :D

Tom_Irvine_Guy said:

You want to be close to freeway access without being too close. 1/2 mile to 1 mile from the freeway with easy access (not a lot of traffic / lights) is ideal IMO.

Keep in mind  that detached homes tend to appreciate more than attached homes...just something to think about. 

To me it looks like Jade Court Plan 1 is the same as Luna Plan 2 and JC Plan 2 is Luna Plan 1. But in both cases the Jade Court is listed as more square footage for the same floorplan. I can't for the life of me see where the extra space is. Is every room just a tiny bit bigger? Also if it is larger, then that would negate the price difference so I don't see why the Portola Springs one that's further away would have any value advantage.

SubSolar said:
To me it looks like Jade Court Plan 1 is the same as Luna Plan 2 and JC Plan 2 is Luna Plan 1. But in both cases the Jade Court is listed as more square footage for the same floorplan. I can't for the life of me see where the extra space is. Is every room just a tiny bit bigger? Also if it is larger, then that would negate the price difference so I don't see why the Portola Springs one that's further away would have any value advantage.

The only value in PS is cheaper price.

eyephone said:
SubSolar said:

The only value in PS is cheaper price.

And since you are downhill from the landfill, free seepage.

You just described Shady Canyon.
paperboyNC said:
Tom_Irvine_Guy said:

You want to be close to freeway access without being too close. 1/2 mile to 1 mile from the freeway with easy access (not a lot of traffic / lights) is ideal IMO.

Jade court Negatives You will have to deal with the freeway noise and the train near by
Jade Court Positives has lower Mello roos and is closer to all the shopping.

Luna
Negatives - A little higher Mello Roos, Further out from shopping centers
Positives - No freeway Noise, No Train, Better lot sizes then Jade court, Also you will have a new elementary school and a new high school coming.

If you need any more assistance message me I am an broker in the Irvine area and we do offer rebates on new construction homes.

Tom_Irvine_Guy said:
Hello Local Experts, Luna and Jades court both being from Cal Pacific homes with exactly same floor plans. Need to decide which one we should go for, here are some questions, would appreciate some good feedback.

1) We like like Plan-3 at Luna/Jade Court :

Any feedback, is this good floor plan? Positive/negative, would it be easy for re-sale point of view?

2) Location: Luna is better or Cypress Village
CV is very close to freeway, PS is little further down, maybe closer to landfill.

3) Re-sale value : which would be easy to sell/rent, if we have to move out of irvine?
I was told by Sales agent at Luna, a brand new Elem school will open in 2015, very close/walking distance from Luna.

Plan 3 at Luna are at 625-630K range
Plan 3 at jade court are at 652-660K.
MR and HOAs are same at both locations.

Thanks a lot

OCBROKER said:
Jade court Negatives You will have to deal with the freeway noise and the train near by
Jade Court Positives has lower Mello roos and is closer to all the shopping.

Luna
Negatives - A little higher Mello Roos, Further out from shopping centers
Positives - No freeway Noise, No Train, Better lot sizes then Jade court, Also you will have a new elementary school and a new high school coming.

The 241 isn't a freeway?

Doesn't CV have a new elementary school opening sooner?  And a new middle school already open?

Back