Quinterra now selling like hot cakes

OC troll

I was over in Portola Springs area this past weekend. Decided to check out Quinterra since I hear it's somewhat similar to Capella. The selling agent looked exhausted. Apprently there have been an influx of interest now that the anticipated Orchard Hills opening is over. This past week they have unloaded 17 homes. Thats nuts! Wondering what phase 7 will look like?

SunnyG said:
They had a pretty significant price reduction, which looks like it's helping them now...

Also the price difference between Capella and Quinterra are pretty big, it probably makes Quinterra looks like a total steal.

17 homes?

Not sure how truthful that is considering phases typically consist of 8 homes or less for non IP builders.

I would stay far away from that: over priced for what it has to offer, bad location

There has to be a huge price drop, to justify buying there.

irvinehomeowner said:
17 homes?

Not sure how truthful that is considering phases typically consist of 8 homes or less for non IP builders.

It's possible that they have also unloaded a lot of their standing inventories.  I remember someone posted before that they listed several homes in redfin plus probably some more standing inventory that was not listed.

Could it be because of this??? (sarcasm)

New banner: AFFORDABLE LUXURY IN DISTINGUISHED PORTOLA SPRINGS (cough, cough)

If you appreciate the finer things in life, put Quinterra at Portola Springs on your must-see list. These luxurious Irvine single-family detached homes will be the newest neighborhood in one of the most prestigious sections of The Irvine Ranch ... a collection of intimate neighborhoods set in varied terrain ... over 100 acres of open space and parks with playgrounds, parks and nature trails. Quinterra will reflect the character of the community ... the area is known for its top-rated schools and a quality of life that residents are justifiably proud of ... many within walking distance and others within a five- or 10-mile drive.

Wow, the newest neighborhood will soon not be Quinterra (and if you count Sage II separately, it is not) and by varied terrain, do they mean varied garbage in the nearby dumpster??? Funny that Quinterra will reflect "the surroundings" (a.k.a. the garbage nearby) and that many things are walking distance (ahem, do you mean the interim school or the nearly empty shopping center?)  ;D

I am pretty sure those prices are for the model homes, the rest of the homes are sold.  One of my friends picked up a plan 1 and got a $28K credit for the design center too, not a bad deal considering all things...

So many of the homes in Quinterra have cheap-looking landscaping. Literally, except for the models, only a single home has incredibly nice, obviously landscape-architect designed landscaping. A couples others are passable and OK, but so many are downright ugly. I hate it when people purchase $1 million homes and then spend only $2000 on landscaping.

There is a quinterra home that has a travertine driveway with diamond shape artificial turf inset.  That one looks really cool. 

I guarantee even the crappy ones, people spent a lot more than you think.

NYT said:
So many of the homes in Quinterra have cheap-looking landscaping. Literally, except for the models, only a single home has incredibly nice, obviously landscape-architect designed landscaping. A couples others are passable and OK, but so many are downright ugly. I hate it when people purchase $1 million homes and then spend only $2000 on landscaping.

Value tract. Not surprised to hear about cheap landscaping. In PP, al lot of the value tracts have shit landscaping too.  Only the melrose/harmony homeowners are spending any real money (for the most part).  during my run the other day, I saw a $1m homeowner watering her roses (yikes!) with a red solo cup. No sprinkler system set up. Half her yard was dying.

aquabliss said:
There is a quinterra home that has a travertine driveway with diamond shape artificial turf inset.  That one looks really cool. 

I guarantee even the crappy ones, people spent a lot more than you think.

I'm not sure which one you're referring to, but I have yet to see an artificial turf inset that looks real, even though there are plenty of artificial turfs as a whole that look quite real. If you're going to put artificial turf in your front yard, you should splurge for the realistic-looking kind, otherwise don't do artificial turf in front.

Back