Orchard Hills-Amelia

Dresden215

I went over the weekend & saw the Amelia models & plots.  The interiors were not decorated & flooring still needed to be installed. The builders are still working on pricing. Anticipate starting prices to be $1.8-$1.9. TIC hasn't informed the builder yet as to the tax rate. Sales agent estimates it will be 1.75-1.8% for the taxes. HOA dues are estimated to be $275. Concrete numbers should be in a week before the grand opening. They will be releasing plots 4-9 in Phases 1-2.

When Lambert Ranch opened they had 3,000 people at their grand opening. I wouldn't be surprise OH has 6,000 people during their grand opening weekend. It's going to be a zoo on May 31!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    563.1 KB · Views: 653
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 503
So MR alone is ~$13,000/year, ouch.  That's some decent wealth distribution.  IMO, if I got 2 million to squander in Irvine, I'll head to the Turtles. 

ps9 said:
So MR alone is ~$13,000/year, ouch.  That's some decent wealth distribution.  IMO, if I got 2 million to squander in Irvine, I'll head to the Turtles.

will it or can it be that much?  I"ll have to see it to believe it. 

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
I'd Hide in the Canyon.

That's old school thinking though.  TIC is trying to build the next wealthy living community.

jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
I'd Hide in the Canyon.

That's old school thinking though.  TIC is trying to build the next wealthy living community.

No, TIC turfed it to secondary builders because it is less desirable land, they can sell iPac's Crapola collection as long as it's within IUSD boundaries.

ps9 said:
jmoney74 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
I'd Hide in the Canyon.

No, TIC turfed it to secondary builders because it is less desirable land, they can sell iPac's Crapola collection as long as it's within IUSD boundaries.

TIC is the master planner still.. just took bids for builders to build the bigger/nicer homes.  It's still their game.

Trevi is the one to buy

v472og.jpg

Nice.  TNHC specifically asked everyone to keep everything confidential and not post anything online until the grand opening and people scan and post info.

Anyway, since the cat is out of the bag, I will comment that Trevi models were breathtaking.  Lot sizes are huge (for Irvine).

OCgasman said:
TNHC specifically asked everyone to keep everything confidential and not post anything online until the grand opening and people scan and post info.

this is just as naive as thinking that no Donald Sterling phone calls will ever be recorded :)

at work, every conference call i have, i start and end the call by saying "this is qwerchuaha and i do not authorize the recording of this phone call"

qwerty said:
OCgasman said:
TNHC specifically asked everyone to keep everything confidential and not post anything online until the grand opening and people scan and post info.

this is just as naive as thinking that no Donald Sterling phone calls will ever be recorded :)

Not really the same.  People were invited for a sneak peak by the builder.  While nothing was specifically in writing about disclosure of info, a request was made not to post info given at the dusty shoe.  IMHO, it's common courtesy to try to abide by the host's requests by the invited guests.  Naive maybe, but definitely rude by blatantly ignoring said request.

OCgasman said:
qwerty said:
OCgasman said:

Not really the same.  People were invited for a sneak peak by the builder.  While nothing was specifically in writing about disclosure of info, a request was made not to post info given at the dusty shoe.  IMHO, it's common courtesy to try to abide by the host's requests by the invited guests.  Naive maybe, but definitely rude by blatantly ignoring said request.

Well, if nothing is posted, how are the trolls who can't afford Amelia or Trevi going to rag on how horrible the homes are?

NYT said:
Well, if nothing is posted, how are the trolls who can't afford Amelia or Trevi going to rag on how horrible the homes are?
They don't want me to troll until AFTER they've opened.

I don't really get the non-disclosure this close to the opening. It's not like they are giving a competitor an advantage. If I were a builder and was confident in my product, I would publish the floorplans and siteplan ahead of the grand opening to drive interest. Is TNHC ashamed of something here?

irvinehomeowner said:
NYT said:
They don't want me to troll until AFTER they've opened.

I don't really get the non-disclosure this close to the opening. It's not like they are giving a competitor an advantage. If I were a builder and was confident in my product, I would publish the floorplans and siteplan ahead of the grand opening to drive interest. Is TNHC ashamed of something here?

I think it's because all builders suppose to wait until grand opening to release the info, all at the same time.  It's unfair one released to the public before other does and gains slight marketing advantage.

The floorplans are already out on the VillagesOfIrvine.com site and TayMo already has the siteplan and floorplans on their site for Capella so I'm not sure how unfair that is.

Only TNHC has almost zero info on their site.

Toured these models tonight. Beautiful homes. The great room for plan 2 is incredible with the bifold doors opening into a very inviting courtyard. Here's the pricing for phases 1 and 2, all sold out. Plan 3 has a great wood ceiling in the great room.

amelia_zps9e0b7f50.jpg

Back