Willow at Portola Springs by KB Homes

ps99472

http://www.kbhome.com/new-homes-orange-county/willow-at-portola-springs

4 story townhomes... my knees are hurting already.  These are the ones going up against the 133

willow_zps4b8112dd.jpg

They sound horrible and to top it off it's KB Homes....a very marginal builder with mostly poor floorplans from what I have seen thus far.

Love the description on the web page.

The Village of Portola Springs is a true natural wonder, with sweeping views of Loma landfill Ridge and vast expanses of protected open space.

4 story townhomes?  hahahaha  Yeah, these are going to sell well.  If any of my clients even mention that they want to go register there, I'll have to talk some sense into them.  One good thing about them is that they will absorb any of the toll road noise for the PP homes.  :p

USCTrojanCPA said:
4 story townhomes?  hahahaha  Yeah, these are going to sell well.  If any of my clients even mention that they want to go register there, I'll have to talk some sense into them.  One good thing about them is that they will absorb any of the toll road noise for the PP homes.  :p

Way to see the glass half full :)

These are going to be so tall that they'll all be peering into the backyards of the PP homes even though they are 200+ feet away (sigh)..

Interesting...

Willow is an exclusive collection of attached condominium homes where residents will be able to take advantage of all the benefits of homeownership while also enjoying the lower-maintenance lifestyle offered by multifamily living. KB homes at Willow include an array of desirable design features including open floor plans with spacious great rooms, ample storage space, and master bedroom suites, and can also be personalized to suit each homebuyer?s unique needs and wants through KB Home's Built to Order? homebuying experience. With state-of-the-art energy-efficient features included at no added cost, homeowners at Willow will enjoy significantly lower utility bills than a typical resale home.

Willow-640x420-large.jpg

No separate shower and bathtub, too. KB has got it all wrong. Has PS become Central Park West 2.0 Except Worst? Next to 133 + homes stacked on top of each other on 4 floors + close to active landfill + not south of 405 =  :(

Attachments

• 1.doc
    307.5 KB · Views: 137
Couple pics of Willow and Cariz.  Neither look like 4 story but I think maybe Willow is split level upon entry so they're calling it 4 story...

Attachments

• condo1.JPG
    condo1.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 996
  • condo2.JPG
    condo2.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 552
Grand Opening this weekend people! 
www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Portola-Springs/Residence/Willow

As stated earlier by ps9, my knees are hurting already...

aquabliss said:
Grand Opening this weekend people! 
www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Portola-Springs/Residence/Willow

As stated earlier by ps9, my knees are hurting already...
I'm with you....definitely not going to be recommend that development to any of my clients. 

I drove by but didn't go inside.  Looking across the street from the models at the 2 of these 4 story monsters next to each other, it felt like I was in NYC where the buildings are so high and close together that on a sunny day it feels dark when walking or driving between them.

Nice view of the toll road though from the 4th story.

I was under the weather yesterday, so instead of jogging on JOST I decided to go indoors and visit Willow for some cardio burn. I was not disappointed. visiting all 4 models was quite a workout!

here are the low-lights about this monstrosity.

1. Every floor plan has tandem garage.
2. 1st story consists of garages only.
3. plan 1 and 4 are paired, plan 2 and 3 are paired
4. plan 1 is the only one with 2 stories.
5. plan 4 has no usable space in 1st and 2nd floors . 1st floor is tandem garage, 2nd floor is plan 1's living space. So plan 4's living space starts at the 3rd floor and master is in the 4th floor! imagine you come home from work, you have to walk FOUR stories from your garage to masters for a quick shower or change! or carry groceries over 3 stories.
6. similarly, plan 3 has no usable space in 1st and 2nd floors (plan 2's living area). at least the master is in 3rd floor and the unfortunate child is all alone at 4th floor.
7. plan 1 and plan 2, both l have your neighbors living on top of you

plus the close proximity to 133; if I cannot afford buying a new home in Irvine, I'd rather rent in a 2 BR IAC apartment than buying this monstrosity

The California Court Company said:
I was under the weather yesterday, so instead of jogging on JOST I decided to go indoors and visit Willow for some cardio burn. I was not disappointed. visiting all 4 models was quite a workout!

here are the low-lights about this monstrosity.

1. Every floor plan has tandem garage.
2. 1st story consists of garages only.
3. plan 1 and 4 are paired, plan 2 and 3 are paired
4. plan 1 is the only one with 2 stories.
5. plan 4 has no usable space in 1st and 2nd floors . 1st floor is tandem garage, 2nd floor is plan 1's living space. So plan 4's living space starts at the 3rd floor and master is in the 4th floor! imagine you come home from work, you have to walk FOUR stories from your garage to masters for a quick shower or change! or carry groceries over 3 stories.
6. similarly, plan 3 has no usable space in 1st and 2nd floors (plan 2's living area). at least the master is in 3rd floor and the unfortunate child is all alone at 4th floor.
7. plan 1 and plan 2, both l have your neighbors living on top of you

plus the close proximity to 133; if I cannot afford buying a new home in Irvine, I'd rather rent in a 2 BR IAC apartment than buying this monstrosity

LMFAO, i bought my 1st property: a Home --> Stucco Box (1600 sq ft condo) in this locality, multi-stories is not a concern (have strong knees) & i couldn't hear any traffic noise off 133 including weekdays+weekend rush hour visits to the property standing on the so called 100 sq ft deck/patio.

I don't have anyone living above/below me, mine is a stand-alone condo with neighbors on both sides (who will soon run away and sell their condo's) because i will play deafening music that will crack 2+ shared common walls.

Personally. hate the tandem garage and cramped bedroom size, but thats all i could afford footing a bill of 550k for this little space....never thought i will get so frustrated tying to get my 1st home in southern ca

??? said:
Interesting...

Willow is an exclusive collection of attached condominium homes where residents will be able to take advantage of all the benefits of homeownership while also enjoying the lower-maintenance lifestyle offered by multifamily living. KB homes at Willow include an array of desirable design features including open floor plans with spacious great rooms, ample storage space, and master bedroom suites, and can also be personalized to suit each homebuyer?s unique needs and wants through KB Home's Built to Order? homebuying experience. With state-of-the-art energy-efficient features included at no added cost, homeowners at Willow will enjoy significantly lower utility bills than a typical resale home.

Willow-640x420-large.jpg

No separate shower and bathtub, too. KB has got it all wrong. Has PS become Central Park West 2.0 Except Worst? Next to 133 + homes stacked on top of each other on 4 floors + close to active landfill + not south of 405 =  :(

The condo i got has:

1.  9 ft high ceilings,
2. separate showers attached to each bedroom with private entrance (you don't have to run naked outside of the 2nd bedroom to go to the bathroom),
3. next to 133 might be an issue for the one's who will live in the upcoming new building that will be stacked just next to it, won't impact the already built ones that have quite a distance b/w them and the heavily criticized view of 133 fwy,
4. 4 floors well welcome to capitalism and industrialization and cash buying (still better than being buried on 1 floor with neighbors on top/bottom and NOT just left/right as in case of my condo),
5. Believe it or not but PS area is the only place in IR that doesn't come under hazardous zone
6. Active Landfill: Haven't sensed even a slight streak of pungent smell & not sure how close it is to the so called landfill, apparently others have complained about the same for StoneGate being close to one as well or i might be wrong
7.South or North of 405 is not a deciding criteria for 1st time home buyers

Back