The City of the Dead

Wow, we are on the same wave length. I was seconds away from posting the exact same article from the same site, too.  :)

Why are all those houses empty?

1.  The builder fail to put enough money in the red envelop so the government seize the property.

2. They discover nuclear toxic waste buried under ground and no one want to live there. 

3. It's a movie set, those are not real houses.

4. World War Z is real and that's the ground zero where patient zero lived.

5. They all move to Irvine and that's why all the houses are empty over there. :)

I found this quote from the article funny:
Chinese citizens are not allowed to invest overseas, so there has been a real boom in real estate as people look for safe havens for their wealth.

orly.jpg

lnc said:
Why are all those houses empty?

1.  The builder fail to put enough money in the red envelop so the government seize the property.

2. They discover nuclear toxic waste buried under ground and no one want to live there. 

3. It's a movie set, those are not real houses.

4. World War Z is real and that's the ground zero where patient zero lived.

5. They all move to Irvine and that's why all the houses are empty over there. :)

..Because those properties are too far from the economic activity (i.e. work).  Competitive, stable and available employment in those areas are needed.

this is not uncommon of China. They have plenty of cities like these.  That's why people believe it's all a bubble in China.  They are inflating their GDP.  The story will come to end at some point.. and the whole world will feel the pain.

The country has the false belief in GDP, plus many officials are colluded with developers to 'spend' the money from the printing machine.  Together, they can build these massive developments that no one lives and blow up the bridges 5 times and rebuild them just so they can create GDP.  Of course, from spending money, they can then get kickbacks from developers.  Poor tax paying citizen are the one who will suffer.......left with toxic land and water source, no social security nor health care.

hence why their rich folk are moving out of the country. 

out of the country.. meaning moving out of China.. into Irvine. 

Back