Favorite TV Dinner

ps99472

Here's mine:

BCCEEF7B-85E4-4958-BED3-AA17629C721F_zpsuojejnrl.jpg

A decent lunch meal, kinda healthy too but still filling:  lean protein with some carbs for easy satisfaction.  Strong pesto flavor, so not for everyone. Usually around $2.99, Target has the best price.  Have to admit the "Top Chef" logo caught my attention.

When I saw "TV Dinner" I thought it was about those thingys in the aluminum tray with separate compartments to it.  I guess I must be from the wrong half-century.  :p  I haven't had one in over 40 years but we loved those things as kids, especially the dessert part.  Apple pie?

irvinehusky said:
When I saw "TV Dinner" I thought it was about those thingys in the aluminum tray with separate compartments to it.  I guess I must be from the wrong half-century.  :p 
Yeah... that was before they invented the Science Oven.

irvinehusky said:
When I saw "TV Dinner" I thought it was about those thingys in the aluminum tray with separate compartments to it.  I guess I must be from the wrong half-century.  :p  I haven't had one in over 40 years but we loved those things as kids, especially the dessert part.  Apple pie?

Classic TV... dinner...  :p

poloh16.jpg

Still fondly remember the salisbury steak dinner with mashed potatoes, corn, and brownie dessert.  'Good' stuff when I was growing up.

Now that's what I'm talking about...with the apple pie.  :p  Loved that one as well.  We all hated having to eat the vegetables.  But lot of times, the apple sauce would spill into the vegetable area and make it less yucky.  LOL.

jayl23 said:
irvinehusky said:

Classic TV... dinner...  :p

Still fondly remember the salisbury steak dinner with mashed potatoes, corn, and brownie dessert.  'Good' stuff when I was growing up.

Yeah, old parents like ours didn't care much about the things they were feeding us like TV dinners, Spam, canned sausages, hash browns.  It's amazing that I'm still alive.  Although I feel like a few wheels have fallen off lately. :p 

jayl23 said:
  'Good' stuff when I was growing up.

irvinehusky said:
Yeah, old parents like ours didn't care much about the things they were feeding us like TV dinners, Spam, canned sausages, hash browns.  It's amazing that I'm still alive.  Although I feel like a few wheels have fallen off lately. :p 
Hey... wait... I'm still eating that stuff.

Maybe that's why I have big bacteria problems.

And yes... Salisbury Steak was the goto TV Dinner... and maybe I'm weird but I loved the veggies.

Well, you're old school then.  LOL.

The "nutritious" stuff that I feed my kids nowadays.  I feel sorry for them in a way, eating things that taste like cardboard. 

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehusky said:
Hey... wait... I'm still eating that stuff.

Maybe that's why I have big bacteria problems.

And yes... Salisbury Steak was the goto TV Dinner... and maybe I'm weird but I loved the veggies.

My old favorite growing up:

D2E7ED47-FCF6-4252-93CD-3C16A738B441_zpsf7rvtdkv.jpg

It was 5 Banquet meals for $5, so I was eating 1 dollar mystery meat, I believe there was another one that comes with a brownie?  But more expensive....these weren't bad

The worse was the Swanson fried chicken meal, how can anyone eat microwaved soggy chicken?

irvinehusky said:

What are you talking about, Spam is considered a delicacy by many.

Attachments

• spam-musubi.jpg
    spam-musubi.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 106
ps9 said:
My old favorite growing up:

D2E7ED47-FCF6-4252-93CD-3C16A738B441_zpsf7rvtdkv.jpg

It was 5 Banquet meals for $5, so I was eating 1 dollar mystery meat, I believe there was another one that comes with a brownie?  But more expensive....these weren't bad

The worse was the Swanson fried chicken meal, how can anyone eat microwaved soggy chicken?

OMG, I loved the microwave fried chicken as a kid. Many a summer day I remember heating up those meals for lunch. Add to that a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese or can of Hormel chili and those were my go-to lunch staples during the summer.

Back