Child Care during Summer

songkou

Where do you send your kids to for child care during summer when school is off?  I just found out that the CDC summer camp only runs from 9am - 3pm.  I have a 5 year old son.  Do I have to pick him up at 3 and bring him to my office?

I want to learn if there are other options for parents during summer time.

Believe the core program is 9am-3pm and the extended hours are still 7am-6pm.  That's my CDC.  Maybe yours is different?  How bout looking into a CDC that has better hours?  Don't believe you'll be limited in going to another CDC if indeed yours do end at an earlier time.

What ps9 said, you can extend it from 7a to 6p for most CDCs in Irvine.

There are variety of "camps" (art, math etc) at various locations in Irvine. Heritage Park has some as do different HOAs that have a community center.

There are also summer camps at the Chinese schools (ACI Academy and SCCCA?), the Jewish schools (Tarbut and Merage?) and a few others. The Boys & Girls Club in Woodbridge has a summer program too.

Camp James too.  They used to be next to Verizon Wireless Amipitheatre but I don't know where they went.  Only know they are stil around.

Some of the summer programs take kids for swimming lessons too.

Trav25 said:
Camp James too.  They used to be next to Verizon Wireless Amipitheatre but I don't know where they went.  Only know they are stil around.
Heh... used to be at Wild Rivers as I interviewed to be counselor there many years ago.

According to www.campjames.com, they are at the Newport Dunes now.

Back