iPhone 6

irvinehomeowner

So rumors are it's bigger... is this photo real?

iphone_6_front_panel.png

http://bgr.com/2014/04/15/iphone-6-leaked-photo-front-panel/

It's supposed to have a 4.7" screen. There is also supposed to be a phablet version released later this year with a 5.5" screen... the iPhone 6XL?

I can't imagine them doing away with the 4" screen completely. I do think choices are good:

4" screen
4.7" screen
5.5" phablet

I have a galaxy s5 now and I'd consider an iPhone 5.5" phablet if it's priced right.

It's actually funny because when Apple first came out with the iPhone it was cheaper than expected. The iPad was predicted to be $999 and was $499. Now Apple products are more expensive than I expect so my modified expectation is for a 32gb iPhone 5.5" phablet to be $799 without a contract and $349 on contract.

They won't get rid of the 4" screen, the iPhone 5s will be entry level and the the 5c will be "budget" level.

I think the 4.7" will be their most popular.

irvinehomeowner said:
They won't get rid of the 4" screen, the iPhone 5s will be entry level and the the 5c will be "budget" level.

I think the 4.7" will be their most popular.

I really hope Apple will launch 3 new products:

4" iPhone 6
4.7" iPhone 6
5.5" iPhone 6

Sure - it hurts their supply chain costs because they'll have to make different versions, but it's time they get with the program.

I doubt they will create a 4" iPhone 6... they have two 4" form factor phones in their current supply line (the 5s and the 5c).

Since their practice for the last several years is to use the previous year's model as the entry level, I think they will continue to do that this year.

irvinehomeowner said:
I doubt they will create a 4" iPhone 6... they have two 4" form factor phones in their current supply line (the 5s and the 5c).

Since their practice for the last several years is to use the previous year's model as the entry level, I think they will continue to do that this year.

That would be extremely hypocritical since Apple has been saying that anything bigger than 4" is too big and their fanboys have bought the store hook line and sinker. If they don't offer a new 4" option their fanboys won't have anything to buy that fits their paradigm and iphone sales will plummet.
http://www.businessinsider.com/why-doesnt-apple-sell-big-iphones-2013-5
One way it may change is that Apple may someday make a phone with a bigger screen.

It hasn't so far, Cook said, because "a large screen today comes with a lot of tradeoffs."

Cook said that the bigger a screen gets, it gets darker, it uses more battery power, and it's less likely to show colors correctly.

Cook said Apple customers want Apple to weigh all those variables "and come out with a decision."

For now, Apple's verdict is that a slightly smaller screen is the best answer for the most customers.

Cook said that as those bigger screens require fewer tradeoffs it will be more likely that Apple installs them in its phones.

I guess after reading that Apple is saying that they know better than the customer and when the technology is "ready" for a larger screen then that will be best option for everyone.

Apple (or rather Jobs) also said that they don't think there was a market for a smaller tablet either... yet the iPad mini is already on its second version.

Those comments were obviously made because Apple knew a year ago they would only be releasing another 4" model and had to spin it.

This year, those comments are now null and void because their next iPhone will have a bigger screen and they will explain that NOW is the time because battery tech and screen tech is better and Apple will show us the right way to do it.

It hasn't even been a year with my 5s and I am ready for an upgrade  ;D

I want a significantly bigger screen so I might wait for the 5.5" phablet. I'm afraid that the 4.7" will just be a taller verison of the 5s. I also want some width on my screen as well.

iacrenter said:
It hasn't even been a year with my 5s and I am ready for an upgrade  ;D

I want a significantly bigger screen so I might wait for the 5.5" phablet. I'm afraid that the 4.7" will just be a taller verison of the 5s. I also want some width on my screen as well.

No way a 4.7" is just a taller version of the 5S.

would make sense for Apple to have a competitor to the Samsung S models and then the note.  Steve jobs is rolling around in his grave right now.  lol

I hope Apple lets me preorder the flagship phone this time around. My feet still hurt from standing in line last year.

Hey IHO,

I think you should create a poll of the 3 different iPhone sizes people on TI would buy.  Then send that data to Apple.

Back