Orchard Hills School Boundaries

This should be fun to watch. A true real life RE experiment. How much of a premium will IUSD carry over TUSD within the same tract?

My guess is that the builders will keep the prices the same no matter the school district. The problem is that each district will have different bond fees.

The MR/bonds for the TUSD side will be massive based on previous posts (http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,10941.msg214219.html#msg214219  ^^^^YES this is an explicit CREDIT to  keep TEST happy). TUSD will be dumping over $200M of bond debt on the new OH owners. Not sure what the bond will be on the IUSD side.

Yes it will be an interesting experiment.  There was talk for a while about TUSD busing into Bechman from other high schools. 

Weird boundaries.  Can you imagine your neighbor next door or across the street, being in a different school district?

This is just so weird, cut the school boundary right into the center of a community.  Will the MR within Strada or Terrazza be different depend on which school district they zoned into?

Strada and Terraza are on the east side of Culver in the non gated side I believe.  The gated side is to the west of Culver.  That means most of Orchard Hills seems to be TUSD.

So reading the legal mumbo jumbo, TIC will pay off any IUSD Mello Roos associated with the numbered Terrazza homes zoned to TUSD?  Double check your property tax bill, somebody will goof and you'll have to pay double MR.

ps9 said:
So reading the legal mumbo jumbo, TIC will pay off any IUSD Mello Roos associated with the numbered Terrazza homes zoned to TUSD?  Double check your property tax bill, somebody will goof and you'll have to pay double MR.

I agree. This sounds very messy and will be prone to error. Caveat Emptor.

iacrenter said:
I read this article in the OC Register 3 days ago (should be freely accessible):
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bonds-609532-district-schools.html

It talks about "premiums" tacked on to school bonds and how tax payers are stuck with the bill.

I wonder how much of a premium is built into or on top of the 2 TUSD bonds for OH?

Thanks iacrenter.  I can see the article without a Register account.

Living in CV I know I'm paying a pretty penny for Mello Roos for the new schools but I would be paying an even prettier penny if I lived in a bad neighborhood and had to send my kids to private school.

I know a lady that used to live in Westpark with 3 kids.  She had to move to the new homes in Tustin (off of Walnut) because she needed more space.  Her kids now attend Curry Middle School and Tustin High and she is so upset at the poor quality of the school compared to Irvine.  She did send them to private school for a while but can no longer afford it.  She did transfer one kid to Pioneer Middle School but was upset at how the teachers don't really teach there ... just all the kids are super smart and spoiled with private tutors.

She is waiting for her 2 years to be up so she can sell and move back to Irvine and would rather pay Mello Roos than to deal with Tustin USD.

Some food for thought there. 

ZeroLot said:
iacrenter said:
I read this article in the OC Register 3 days ago (should be freely accessible):

It talks about "premiums" tacked on to school bonds and how tax payers are stuck with the bill.

I wonder how much of a premium is built into or on top of the 2 TUSD bonds for OH?

Living in CV I know I'm paying a pretty penny for Mello Roos for the new schools but I would be paying an even prettier penny if I lived in a bad neighborhood and had to send my kids to private school.

I know a lady that used to live in Westpark with 3 kids.  She had to move to the new homes in Tustin (off of Walnut) because she needed more space.  Her kids now attend Curry Middle School and Tustin High and she is so upset at the poor quality of the school compared to Irvine.  She did send them to private school for a while but can no longer afford it.  She did transfer one kid to Pioneer Middle School but was upset at how the teachers don't really teach there ... just all the kids are super smart and spoiled with private tutors.

She is waiting for her 2 years to be up so she can sell and move back to Irvine and would rather pay Mello Roos than to deal with Tustin USD.

lol

I always take opinions like this with a grain of salt.   

In my experience with these types of parents, they are often blaming the school, the teachers, the other students, and any other thing they can think of (other than their own lack of involvement in their kids' educations or the possibility that their kid may not be as smart as other kids).  The reality of it is that running away to IUSD will not likely solve any of her issues.  There will still be good and bad teachers.  There will still be plenty of students with private tutoring. 

The TUSD schools that Orchard Hills feeds to are excellent, no need to broadly paint TUSD in a negative light.

ZeroLot said:
iacrenter said:

Isn't Pioneer a blue ribbon school?  I can understand Curry and Tustin HS... the demographic is very different. 

Like the above comment.. it still comes down to the parents involvement in the kid's school.  Sure it helps to have other classmates to help.. but home is where it starts.

jmoney74 said:
Isn't Pioneer a blue ribbon school?  I can understand Curry and Tustin HS... the demographic is very different. 

Like the above comment.. it still comes down to the parents involvement in the kid's school.  Sure it helps to have other classmates to help.. but home is where it starts.
I agree you can't expect a school to do the work of the parent.

The school should provide a safe environment and the platform for a student to learn.

irvinehomehater said:
Gonna let you guys in on a little secret....

It's up to the student to succeed not the school...

i-dont-think-so.jpg

Back