The "Before and After Photos" Thread

Nice. I dig these kind of things, like HGTV stuff.

Questions:

1. Which were contractors and which were DIY?

2. Did they have to demo out the existing granite backsplash to put in a new one?

3. Do you have a picture of the LED trims vs the 6" cans?

4. Costs (if you care to disclose)?

@OpenSky:

Ahh... I've seen those LED trims at Lowe's. I might do that too as it covers the empty space between the bulbs and the trim.

What is the new backsplash material? Hard to tell from the photo.

Is Precision Painting (your sink rehabber) the same company that ZeroLot picked for her paint job?

Thanks for the detailed answers... remodeling/rehabbing is such an interesting subject and given that I'm not liking the current new builds for Irvine, something I may have to deal with.

hopefully people will post their before/after landscaping pics here as well.  who needs HGTV when you got HGTI.

You didn't use a counter depth frig?  Actual the regular frig works with your kitchen set up.  If I can get away with using the regular frig, I would too.  I don't like the expensive, small volume counter depth frig. 

Nice write-up and  thanks for sharing the info.

OpenSky said:
lnc said:
You didn't use a counter depth frig?  Actual the regular frig works with your kitchen set up.  If I can get away with using the regular frig, I would too.  I don't like the expensive, small volume counter depth frig. 

Nice write-up and  thanks for sharing the info.

Yes, it is counter depth. The picture angle distorts it.

:-[

I really like your backsplash but for some reason it looks a lot more blue in the installed pic than the one where it's against your floor.

aquabliss said:
I really like your backsplash but for some reason it looks a lot more blue in the installed pic than the one where it's against your floor.

I think they have a term for that. Colorblind. :)

Good idea in using French doors for that bedroom as it will keep the open feel that you need there, being an entry and all. 

Couple questions...
1) Your new chandelier is nice!  Any chance you have a link for it?
2) What is the grey color you used in the foyer?  Definitely liking it.

irvinehomeowner said:
@OpenSky:

Is Precision Painting (your sink rehabber) the same company that ZeroLot picked for her paint job?

Jumping in for OpenSky here ... but the answer is no.  I didn't use Precision Painting.

I'll let OpenSky answer the rest  ;D

ZeroLot said:
irvinehomeowner said:
@OpenSky:

Jumping in for OpenSky here ... but the answer is no.  I didn't use Precision Painting.
Sorry... my bad. It was Perfect Painting.

Perfect, Rainbow, Precision, Potatoes.

Back