Orchard Hills - Terrazza by Irvine Pacific

ps99472

Terraza1_zps3a445815.jpg

Terraza2_zps75de00b3.jpg

Terraza2x_zpsbd9cbaf0.jpg

2x

These are copies of Saratoga@Stonegate with improved floor plans.
IP basically stretched depth of Saratoga's 2nd floor so that they can put additional lofts on 2nd floor. (1st floor is same as old Saratoga)

Here is sqft and price comparison to Terraza and Saratoga.

Residence 1:  1981 sqft, Mid $800,000's  (+74 sqft,  expecting $60~70K increase)
Residence 2:  2331 sqft, Mid $900,000's  (+150 sqft, expecting $120K  increase)
Residence 2X: 2408 sqft, Mid $900,000's  (+227 sqft, expecting $100K  increase)

IMO, floor plans are definitely better than old Saratoga but price jumps are too high for the small changes.
Considering Terrazza is also motor court home and the area of Terrazza doesn't have any pocket park, then what makes Terrazza's starting price so high?  Maybe convenience to retail stores?

Buyers have to consider other options, conservatory and site premiums etc... then the price gets easily over 1M.
The era of 1M motor court home is not far way from us. ;)

Between Terrazza and Saratoga, I will pick what ever have a lower price. Even if the price are the same, I'm leaning toward Saratoga.  Terraza's OH location is nothing special.  With no view, lack of amenities, zone in to TUSD etc, I would not pay higher price for Terrazza. 

bones said:
ps9 said:
I think parts of Strada and Terrazza are TUSD

Ahh ok. I just assumed they would redistrict and either push all of it to tusd or all of it to IUSD. Should be easy peasy according to irvinecommuter's GP redistrict convo.

Didn't testy state the super duper bonds are already passed/approved for Orchard Hills?  TUSD is not gonna let go of that money!

In a few years we can see the price difference between TUSD Strada/Terrazza vs. IUSD Strada/Terrazza. 

I find it strange you would split a tract.

Maybe splitting by tract, but within a tract... gonna get some West Side Story action going here (or Grease).

If I were TIC, I would split it between The Groves and The Grove-Nots.

bones said:
lnc said:
Between Terrazza and Saratoga, I will pick what ever have a lower price. Even if the price are the same, I'm leaning toward Saratoga.  Terraza's OH location is nothing special.  With no view, lack of amenities, zone in to TUSD etc, I would not pay higher price for Terrazza. 

But isn't Saratoga almost done?  What's an interesting comparison to me is Laurel versus Strada. Same floorplans and will be introduced around the same time. Wonder what the pricing difference is and what the market is willing to pay for OH location versus CV.

Yep, Saratoga is almost done. I think IP is selling last phase homes and a few unsold homes may be available.
Last time when I checked Saratoga extention at Stonegate, Saratoga R2  + conservatory (2,181 + 135 = 2,316 sqft) was mid 800,000's.
I always thought current Saratoga is over priced but after looking at Terrazza, it could be good last-minute deals. :)
The mid 800,000's price was a couple of month ago, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Yep, I want to see Laurel vs Strada comparison too. Since they will have similar opening dates, we could see how much premiums IP put on OH.

According to this map provided by test, entire Terrazza are zoned to TUSD.  But I not so sure if the boundary show it the map are accurate because it divides Strada in half which is not possible. 

Attachments

• TUSD map OH.jpg
    TUSD map OH.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 483
EXTERIORS

Residence 1-Northern Italian 1G
Terrazza-Res1G-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 2-Monterey 2B
Terrazza-Res2B-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 2-Northern Italian 2G
Terrazza-Res2G-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 2X-Tuscan 2XD
Terrazza-Res2XD-640x420-large.jpg

Residence 2X-Northern Italian 2XG
Terrazza-Res2XG-640x420-large.jpg

SunnyG said:
Spoke to agent and yes all of terraza is TUSD.

It's all about the $$$$$.  School districts get paid by the state based on enrollment.  So there is no way TUSD is going to give up those $$$$.

thatOSguy said:
AA said:
SunnyG said:
Spoke to agent and yes all of terraza is TUSD.

It's all about the $$$$$.  School districts get paid by the state based on enrollment.  So there is no way TUSD is going to give up those $$$$.

This obsession with school district is a classic. Obsess over schools, sure; teachers and principals - yes; peer students and parents - most definitely. But school district? Really? As of the latest OCRegister rankings, Hicks->OH->Beckman spanks every other IUSD track, bar none. It's not a coincidence there's no section 8, few apartments (recent apartment dweller here). Look at all the complaints coming out of disgruntled Woodbury Elementary parents, mainly over lackluster academic performance...

As a recent buyer, I only wish NP offered more of a discount; can't wait to see how it manifests (if at all) in resale on Strada. "****IUSD SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!!!1!one!!!****" coming to a listing near you...

Most people can't tell the difference between IUSD school and Irvine school anyway.  A school in the Irvine District vs a TUSD school located in Irvine city.

Back