Class 302 moving into Marketplace

Irvinecommuter

Walking around the food court area of the Marketplace over the weekend and saw that Class 302 is going to take over the space formerly occupied by the Indian market and the Quizno's.  Looks like it's going to be a big space.

Marketplace is also adding Pieology, Veggie Grill, Islands, and a new sushi place. 

Moving closer to OH and all the new homes.  Looks like north of the 5 is the place to be.

GH said:
Anybody know if they are closing the one in Culver/Michelson or this is an expansion ?

I believe it's going to be a second location.  No reason to close that one...it's super popular.  Access and parking are not great there unless you live near UCI.

That space where Pat and Oscar used to be is still vacant...I really missed Pat and Oscar.  Decent food at reasonable prices...Stonefire Grill is probably better but it was a good option at the Marketplace.

bones said:
Irvinecommuter said:
GH said:
Anybody know if they are closing the one in Culver/Michelson or this is an expansion ?

I believe it's going to be a second location.  No reason to close that one...it's super popular.  Access and parking are not great there unless you live near UCI.

That space where Pat and Oscar used to be is still vacant...I really missed Pat and Oscar.  Decent food at reasonable prices...Stonefire Grill is probably better but it was a good option at the Marketplace.

Isn't pat and Oscar going to be veggie grill?

I didn't see any signs when I went past...it still says the space is for lease.  Looking at the map it looks like you're right...comment retracted!

My only issue with Veggie Grill is price... and they still have rotated their Peach Tea back in.

Their fried chickn' sandwich is really good and the chickn' strips fool my kids.

Hopefully Class 302's food has improved.

With the recent climax of the once coveted shaved snow, I am shocked to see them expanding like they are with this Irvine location and also Cerritos.  Maybe I need to give them another chance.

Great concept with the school theme and I also love Taiwanese cafe food.  However, I just couldn't get into Class 302.  Unfair to them, I have only been there once but tried a couple meals.

If Sinbala/Simbala comes down here, then I will be impressed and you can easily find me there every week.  If you see this restaurant in Irvine owned not by one of the original family members, then you will know that Coleman won the lottery. 

homer_simpson said:
You're more asian then i am Cole!

Haha, there just aren't many threads dedicated to country music, American BBQ,  honky tonks, mountain biking, etc. so I must reply to what's available.

Coleman said:
Hopefully Class 302's food has improved.

With the recent climax of the once coveted shaved snow, I am shocked to see them expanding like they are with this Irvine location and also Cerritos.  Maybe I need to give them another chance.

Great concept with the school theme and I also love Taiwanese cafe food.  However, I just couldn't get into Class 302.  Unfair to them, I have only been there once but tried a couple meals.

If Sinbala/Simbala comes down here, then I will be impressed and you can easily find me there every week.  If you see this restaurant in Irvine owned not by one of the original family members, then you will know that Coleman won the lottery.

One of the big issues with Class 302 is the location of the Culver store and how small it is. Always takes forever to get something even to-go. 

The furniture also needs some updating...I like the classroom concept but I prefer not to sit on wooden stools and use small desks when I am eating.

I just noticed the sign yesterday about class 302.  So the Taiwanese are now pushing out the Indians?
Not enough business to keep the Indian market viable, but a giant Taiwanese cafe has a chance?

The Soft opening for class 302 is today.
They have new self-serve drinks bar (similar to getting a yogurt).
1. You get the cup first (small size $4, big size $5.5)
2. Choose your toppings
3. Choose your drinks
4. Hand to the front for them to seal your drink

Can't wait to go try it out!! :D

When Class 302 first opened in Rowland Heights, they had some really good snack items from the grill like stinky tofu, pig's blood cake, fish cake, etc.  However the quality of the snack items declined after few months and it becamse just an OK place to get lunch.  I guess recently they jumped on the shaved ice bandwagon, following Guppy's example.

We went there for lunch last Saturday .. was surprised wait time is only 15 min at 12 noon.  Food taste is somewhat the same as that in the other Irvine location.  The self service drink bar concept is interesting and I think a good value especially for someone like me who like to load up on toppings instead of the liquid drink :)  Lots of drinks choices too ..

Went there last night with the family.  Loving the self serve but can only imagine how busy it'll get during the weekends.  They kept running out of egg pudding and boba from everyone scooping them up by the bucket. 

I'll be there Friday night again, if you can guess who I am I'll buy you a drink  :p

Back