Irvine cyclist killed in hit & run

Irvinecommuter said:
Sad...all the road construction near Portola have made it difficult for bikers and drivers in that area.

The accident occurred on Santiago Canyon Road.

SoCal said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Sad...all the road construction near Portola have made it difficult for bikers and drivers in that area.

The accident occurred on Santiago Canyon Road.

My bad...I should have been more definite in my breaks.  It wasn't meant to be an explanation of the particular incident.

sad ...  the driver is 18 and under the influence ??  not even supposed to be drinking at that age, much more drink and drive :(

Local drivers rarely have to deal with pedestrians at crosswalks or cyclists sharing the road. Master planned cities incorporated trails and bike path away from the roads. Other than watching for the speed drivers don't need to be alert. The straight and wide roads made it so easy for drivers. Santiago road is exactly the opposite. The road is constantly bending with blind corners. No street intersection or signal lights made speeding easy. Being drunk exacerbated the risk.

Sommer Gonzales is from Asia,  You can tell that by her name and this picture.

n3bogl-b8817982z.120140331154102000g1g12u7p.10.jpg

Smart people know they are stupid
Dumb people don't know they are stupid

<---I don't know shit.

Actually, it's not obvious she is Hispanic from her look. If not for the last name I would think she is a mix of something, perhaps with Hispanic. But definitely not obvious

Back