Mattress

Chairman

Where does one go to shop for mattresses and test them out? Is there a good store to check out in OC or in general? Also the 2013 Consumer Reports #1 rated bed, the Simmons Beautyrest Glover Park Firm Pillowtop (Sears) had really bad reviews online. The majority of bed scores were 69 or lower. Can anyone comment? Thanks.

Chairman said:
Where does one go to shop for mattresses and test them out? Is there a good store to check out in OC or in general? Also the 2013 Consumer Reports #1 rated bed, the Simmons Beautyrest Glover Park Firm Pillowtop (Sears) had really bad reviews online. The majority of bed scores were 69 or lower. Can anyone comment? Thanks.
Costco

It depends on your price range.  You can get a good selection at Macy's Home Life section.  I heard Nordstrom also has a small selection but more pricy ... like the Heavenly Mattress. 

I liked the nice mattress selection of custom brand by Room & Board.  Their prices are comparable to that of Sterns and Fosters.  They have a wide range from Latex mattress to Spring Mattress to Foam ... so if you'd like to narrow down your "mattress-type" you can start there.  I also like how Room & Board offers organic cotton and environmentally friendly mattress. 

I purchased a mattress from Costco for my daughter and ended up regretting it.  Since we weren't able to try it at the store and the online reviews were good I went ahead and bought it.  Now she won't sleep on it anymore because she said it's not comfortable.  So I tried sleeping a couple nights on it and have to agree with her.  Money down the drain .... *sigh*  Unless Costco allows mattress returns as well????

daedalus said:
ZeroLot said:
Unless Costco allows mattress returns as well????
Why wouldn't they?

Really??  I can return a used mattress to Costco??  OMG!  That would be so awesome!  That POS is so going back!  And Room & Board mattress, here I come!

I am very happy with my W Hotel Bed (Simmons Beautyrest clone):

http://www.whotelsthestore.com/item.asp?curr_item_id=1516&cat_subcat_id=10

If you can wait, they run 30/40/50% discount codes several times a year.

Forget what store I went to try it out.

Went to Sears and liked this one.

Sealy Bridleridge Hybrid Series - King - It is on sale for 60% off! ~1270ish without the box. What do you guys think?

Anyone have this one or know much about it? I can't find reviews on mattresses online at all. So difficult.

It shouldn't be that hard to shop for a mattress. Just go to stores and try them out. Who cares what reviews say. All that matters is how you like it when u lay on it

paperboyNC said:
Costco doesn't let you check them out.
Actually at the store they sell mattresses, so you can "check them out." (There's only one model, but different sizes.)

qwerty said:
It shouldn't be that hard to shop for a mattress. Just go to stores and try them out. Who cares what reviews say. All that matters is how you like it when u lay on it

It might seem that simple but mattresses can be much different once you take delivery and there are so many to choose from.

Ive narrowed it down to medium firm, memory foam or springs and no pillowtops due to spine alignment.

eyephone said:
paperboyNC said:
Costco doesn't let you check them out.
Actually at the store they sell mattresses, so you can "check them out." (There's only one model, but different sizes.)
Costco retail store is cheaper for furniture/mattress by around $100 vs Costco online. The price on Costco online includes shipping and handling. Currently there are instant rebates on Costco online for mattress.

Back