NO Rumor- Irvine Company to tear down Woodbridge Village Center

furioussugar

And build low/medium density housing on the site?  Anyone else hear this rumor?  Heard leases in the center are not being renewed.

?

That's an interesting rumor considering that center had never really been good for businesses although there are several there that have been stalwarts through the years.

Would they really close down Ruby's? And where will the Power Yoga (the one business that eats up all the parking) and Barnes&Noble go?

irvinehomeowner said:
That's an interesting rumor considering that center had never really been good for businesses although there are several there that have been stalwarts through the years.

Would they really close down Ruby's? And where will the Power Yoga (the one business that eats up all the parking) and Barnes&Noble go?

If they didn't renew red robin at the marketplace they will shutdown rubys

Red Robin had somewhere to go (and both were Tustin). And Ruby's is only one of the several long time tenants there.

For this particular center, you would have to close down Barnes & Noble, a music school, a martial arts center, a dance studio, an art studio, Champagne's, a Kumon, a toy store, a candy/ice cream store and a few other veteran locations. And they just refaced that center a year or so ago.

The other thing is it's a strange location to in-build homes.

Much of that center had turned into medical offices over the years, but many of those are vacant.  Heard that Champagne's lease was not renewed,  but cannot confirm that.    I googled leases in that center and found something that said no were available.  Guess we will need to watch and see.

PS-  Anyone heard what is going on with the old Water's site across the street?  Heard that the roof is off, and (another) rumor is that they are tearing it down.  It's been vacant a long time.

furioussugar said:
PS-  Anyone heard what is going on with the old Water's site across the street?  Heard that the roof is off, and (another) rumor is that they are tearing it down.  It's been vacant a long time.
This I know about.

They are turning it into a grass pad surrounded by a cement walkway and railing. It can be a leased and built on again in the future but until then, that's what it will be. They also tore down the elevator and walkway that used to lead to the Waters restaurant.

Just heard that Core Power Yoga's lease was not renewed........hmmmm

Calling TEST........ (One of the best insiders I know  :) )

What is the plan for the Woodbridge Center?

If I live around the area I would rather shop at the District. Yes the parking lots are still problematic for the inline shops but the big box tenants like Target and Costco are super convenient at the edges. Of course after several hundred thousand trial runs one would be able to map out the best and speedy route adjacent to the newly extended Tustin Ranch Road that alleviated the ingress and egress to the center. The entertainment center is still a flop but who cares. The new artery breathes new life to Tustin Ranch and raised property value to R&D buildings that abut to the road. I see future success to to District and it's peripheries. Crucial mistakes were made in this game of Irvine monopoly that allowed competitions to vie for a wide window of opportunity.

irvinehomeshopper said:
If I live around the area I would rather shop at the District. Yes the parking lots are still problematic for the inline shops but the big box tenants like Target and Costco are super convenient at the edges. Of course after several hundred thousand trial runs one would be able to map out the best and speedy route adjacent to the newly extended Tustin Ranch Road that alleviated the ingress and egress to the center. The entertainment center is still a flop but who cares. The new artery breathes new life to Tustin Ranch and raised property value to R&D buildings that abut to the road. I see future success to to District and it's peripheries. Crucial mistakes were made in this game of Irvine monopoly that allowed competitions to vie for a wide window of opportunity.

yeah after they opened up tustin ranch road it takes me 4.5 minutes from the time i get in the car to the time i park at target (i always park on the side where the daphnes is). pretty damn convenient now.

Avoid pushing  shopping carts on the bumpy interlocking pavers in front of daphne.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeshopper said:

yeah after they opened up tustin ranch road it takes me 4.5 minutes from the time i get in the car to the time i park at target (i always park on the side where the daphnes is). pretty damn convenient now.

So-  the rumor is true-  they are going to tear down this center and put in more housing. 

I'm going to start a "save the frogs" campaign. 

At this rate- Irvine Company will probably drain both lakes and build more homes- 

furioussugar said:
So-  the rumor is true-  they are going to tear down this center and put in more housing. 

I'm going to start a "save the frogs" campaign. 

At this rate- Irvine Company will probably drain both lakes and build more homes-

Good catch/find !!

@furious:

Do you have a link? I'd like to know about timeline and what is happening to the businesses there.

"Screenshot or it's not true!" :)

irvinehomeowner said:
@furious:

Do you have a link? I'd like to know about timeline and what is happening to the businesses there.

"Screenshot or it's not true!" :)

I'm sorry-  I don't have a link to share on this-  and I don't know the timeline. :(.  I will post if/when I do

I can confirm that this is definitely on the table with Irvine Company.  However, NOTHING has been confirmed and plans for re-zoning have not been submitted to the City.  I am a business owner in the Center (Pedego Irvine - Pedego Electric Bikes).  This center can be saved.  I was the only one in the last year to sign a lease.  The Irvine Company is now open to "temporary" leases.  Let's fill the place.  Let's make it fun again.  This is the hub of Irvine and the hub of Irvine's amazing bike trails.  Let's do all we can to make sure apartments are not built here.  It's up to us.

furioussugar said:

Don't give them any ideas.
Eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Wow. Sad. We like going to the Ruby's there.

Pedego Irvine said:
I can confirm that this is definitely on the table with Irvine Company.  However, NOTHING has been confirmed and plans for re-zoning have not been submitted to the City.  I am a business owner in the Center (Pedego Irvine - Pedego Electric Bikes).  This center can be saved.  I was the only one in the last year to sign a lease.  The Irvine Company is now open to "temporary" leases.  Let's fill the place.  Let's make it fun again.  This is the hub of Irvine and the hub of Irvine's amazing bike trails.  Let's do all we can to make sure apartments are not built here.  It's up to us.

Wish they could just spruce up the place and add some modern eateries and retail.

Back