Strange issue with the apartment alarm

ujjvala_jana

Hi to all,

My husband and myself have been married in India and staying in the community for like 3 years now. Strangely I was able to set  the alarm in the apartment today that my husband says is a facility that has never been activated and he is totally unaware of. Are there any unwritten policies with Irvine community renting that I am missing out on? Can alarms be generally set in any gated community in Irvine? I'm eitherway having a talk with the leasing center tomorrow.

Any help is be appreciated.

thanks,
UJ

If it's just left over from the previous install, it would still be working and can be set.  It's just that when it goes off, the alarm company would not call you and no police/fire truck/ambulance would be dispatched to you automatically (i.e., not monitored).  You would need to know the security code to turn it off though.

I believe many of the newer IAC units have home alarms as a standard feature. When I used to live in IAC, I remember the sales rep giving me a packet of information about the alarm when I first signed my lease. They said the alarm is not monitored and that you would have have to pay extra fees for monitoring and notify staff if you choose to activate your alarm.

iacrenter said:
I believe many of the newer IAC units have home alarms as a standard feature. When I used to live in IAC, I remember the sales rep giving me a packet of information about the alarm when I first signed my lease. They said the alarm is not monitored and that you would have have to pay extra fees for monitoring and notify staff if you choose to activate your alarm.

At Palmeras when I was staying there they included the monitoring.  It notified their security company and not the police.

Thank you for all the replies.

I spoke to the Leasing Center. And they have sent me the newly set alarm code that gets activated when I press 9 and open the door. What alarming was that I was able to set the closet alarm yesterday by inserting my husband's credit card pin code without opening the front door (definitely not comfortable with that)yesterday. Does anyone think I am going crazy?

Back