iPad apps for 1-year old

golfpapi

Question for parents: Sometimes I play some cartoons on my phone to distract my 1-year-old when she's fussy while we're trying to feed her. My question is what apps, cartoons, movies, etc. do people download for their infants? I tried some fisher-price apps, but they're well too advanced for her at this point. I'm looking for something that she'll focus on the iPad screen for a 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

Maybe you want to read her a book or play with stuff animals with her? The kid is only one, do you expect her to sit still and watch Elmo on a small screen?

yes we read to her every night before she sleeps. the question was intended to keep her busy and distracted for a few minutes since she can be a fussy eater at times. i wasn't looking for a substitute babysitter. thanks for your concern eyephone.

+1 on the bubbles app.  Itsy Bitsy Spider is a good one too.

@eyephone:  I don't think OP was asking for parenting advice and your post oozes with judgement.  Not cool.

Youtube, KidsTV123 channel.  Animated videos for all the children's songs like "Five Little Ducks", "Wheels on the bus", "Old MacDonald", plus education songs for phonic songs, colors, numbers, etc.

www.youtube.com/embed/HOWt5un1-Ts?feature=player_detailpage

golfpapi said:
Question for parents: Sometimes I play some cartoons on my phone to distract my 1-year-old when she's fussy while we're trying to feed her. My question is what apps, cartoons, movies, etc. do people download for their infants? I tried some fisher-price apps, but they're well too advanced for her at this point. I'm looking for something that she'll focus on the iPad screen for a 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks!

I have several apps my 1 year old loves for the iPad but I don't have my iPad with me right now. I'll try to look them up when I'm home.

Back